Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
MrPB

Fitted up by the Sweeney?

If it's who i think it is the guy is a scaffolder (or certainly was, not seen him for a couple of years) and having a knife is really useful for all the cable ties that they use for the netting. Can see why he'd have one in his pocket.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

But that sort of validates my point. They didn’t get him for one thing so perhaps fitted him up with another just for the fun of it because they could. 

It doesn’t validate anything you balloon knot, Once again your failure to understand remains constant...

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If it's who i think it is the guy is a scaffolder (or certainly was, not seen him for a couple of years) and having a knife is really useful for all the cable ties that they use for the netting. Can see why he'd have one in his pocket.

Is it because of the blade length 

No point asking me, I didn't prosecute. There's probably more to it as suggested by the drink driving confusion article, just pointing out that his argument is reasonably likely, assuming he's still doing what he was. 

Got to keep that pension cash rolling in somehow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blew below on the evidential breath machine.  

Something else available to stick him on for, job done, names mentioned at the tax payer funded awards night.  

Meanwhile,  those house robbers from a while back, b and q robbers and people who beat the crap out of others still walk about.  

Easy targets make up lazy police figures.

• Like 4

Just now, x-in-man said:

Blew below on the evidential breath machine.  

That can’t be correct. Wouldn’t have charged either without a positive result on the intoximeter.

More likely neither were in the car when police arrived, did no comment interview, so prosecution couldn’t prove who was driving, who was insured/uninsured, who was aiding and betting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

It doesn’t validate anything you balloon knot, Once again your failure to understand remains constant...

You seem quiet angry. There’s no need to be rude. I think most other posters understood my point even if you didn’t. Thanks. 

• Like 1

It’s getting to the stage that @Neil Down, @MrPB and @dilligaf are clogging threads ( not just this one ) with incessant sniping at each other. 

Calm down.

No one expects the (Spanish) suspension.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s getting to the stage that @Neil Down, @MrPB and @dilligaf are clogging threads ( not just this one ) with incessant sniping at each other. 

Calm down.

No one expects the (Spanish) suspension.

I have only responded to posts in a like for like manner as I’m sure other posters will agree. I am not angry and I am one of the calmest people you will ever meet. However it does seem that this forum has a few regular pests. I don’t post here often but every time I do I seem to attract one of the above who seem to be simply trolling people trying to create friction. That’s all. 

Whats the Spanish suspension please? 

Sorry it’s a Monty Python joke, I get it now. 

Edited by MrPB
Added line

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Out of work doesn’t necessarily mean unemployed, just away from his work place, out of work hours.

Likewise, poor journalism, the report doesn’t say he was involved in the RTA, just that the police attended an RTA and came across him.

Thanks John for coming to my defence.

When I finish work I get rid of all my tools into the toolbox or back of van. There is rarely an excuse for the proverbial carpet fitter to have their proverbial carpet knife on their person outside work hours.

4 minutes ago, gettafa said:

When I finish work I get rid of all my tools into the toolbox or back of van. There is rarely an excuse for the proverbial carpet fitter to have their proverbial carpet knife on their person outside work hours.

It just seems very draconian for a tradesman that’s all. It just sounds like they were out to get him for something when they didn’t have enough evidence to get him for another crime they thought he was guilty of that’s all. I bet he regrets telling them he had accidentally left a knife in his pants. 

• Like 1

I carry a very sharp pen on me at all times. A good thrust to the neck would, I imagine, incapacitate anybody attacking me.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I’d have thought a Stanley knife would be easier, quicker and safer to use on cable ties. Legal too. 

Why would a lock knife with a blade over 3 inches be suitable ?

• Thanks 1