Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
MrPB

Fitted up by the Sweeney?

6 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It just seems very draconian for a tradesman that’s all. It just sounds like they were out to get him for something when they didn’t have enough evidence to get him for another crime they thought he was guilty of that’s all. I bet he regrets telling them he had accidentally left a knife in his pants. 

Is there enough detail in the press report to give anyone the ability to form any opinion as to what actually happened ?

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Is there enough detail in the press report to give anyone the ability to form any opinion as to what actually happened ?

Is there any reason to believe the press have exclusive access to information about something that happened?

1 minute ago, Rushen Spy said:

Is there any reason to believe the press have exclusive access to information about something that happened?

No, but I think a lot of people believe the truth sayers on Facebook and are blurring the line between fiction and reality.

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

If it's who i think it is the guy is a scaffolder (or certainly was, not seen him for a couple of years) and having a knife is really useful for all the cable ties that they use for the netting. Can see why he'd have one in his pocket.

teapot character reference........

:whistling: 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I carry a very sharp pen on me at all times. A good thrust to the neck would, I imagine, incapacitate anybody attacking me.

just punch in the throat......no need for a pen.......

:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I’d have thought a Stanley knife would be easier, quicker and safer to use on cable ties. Legal too. 

Why would a lock knife with a blade over 3 inches be suitable ?

Stanley blades snap, cable ties can be remarkably tough. If I was cutting a whole pile of them off a big scaffold job I'd want something a bit more robust than a stanley. I'm not defending the guy, again just pointing out his story on the face of it is feasible.

And Woody can't read.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

teapot character reference........

:whistling: 

Where? Where is there a character reference in what I wrote? Go on Woody you fucking moron, where is it?

1 hour ago, Stitch said:

Going back to the original Sweeney reference...I can't stop smiling at the muppet wpc in the Joey Barton clip on Sky.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-stop-joey-barton-from-leaving-ground-after-alleged-assault-11692884

Barton is just a common thug and should have no place in football

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Where? Where is there a character reference in what I wrote? Go on Woody you fucking moron, where is it?

Why the excessive abuse?

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Barton is just a common thug and should have no place in football

Agreed.....

2 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I carry a very sharp pen on me at all times. A good thrust to the neck would, I imagine, incapacitate anybody attacking me.

I think you misunderstood when someone told you the pen is mightier than the sword. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Declan said:

I think you misunderstood when someone told you the pen is mightier than the sword. 

True, watching pirates trade blows with pens just lacks the excitement 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

No is the simple answer. I dare say we’ll wait a very long time for that rag to publish all the details.

2 hours ago, MrPB said:

It just seems very draconian for a tradesman that’s all. It just sounds like they were out to get him for something when they didn’t have enough evidence to get him for another crime they thought he was guilty of that’s all. I bet he regrets telling them he had accidentally left a knife in his pants. 

Hang on are you of the thinking that he was charged went to court probably a few weeks later had the charges dropped then the police went out and thought well he had a knife at the time knife crime isn't really issue so let's just leave it on the off chance he gets off with drink driving and we can stick it on him then. Wow.

• Like 1