Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manxkinho

Alan Louis and his dodgy dealings

There is something very wrong with the mandate that has been given to the Manx FSA. It appears to be totally inadequate. It is not reaching people's reasonable expectations and assumptions.

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

If you've screwed a few million out of dodgy company dealings i guess a dent in your professional pride by being banned as a director can be lived with.

it has worked for so many over here.

• Like 5

I wonder how those who lost their money are feeling...?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder how those who lost their money are feeling...?

Very let down is my guess.

Let down by this POS and his collaborators, and very let down by the Manx government for having such a less than useless FSA.

There were 4 the other directors mentioned, anyone know their names?

Locals? 

43 minutes ago, Sentience said:

There were 4 the other directors mentioned, anyone know their names?

Locals? 

A few associated with Living Hope - Lukas Nakos (banned) Rosseu Moss (voluntary banning) and some others I think.

all very very dodgy if you ask me!

9 hours ago, manxkinho said:

He’s been banned as a director for twelve years, looks like he’s been a very very bad lad overall. Not sure I’d want to work for him!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47850&headline=Directors of failed firm are banned by the court&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

I know a few people who lost money in this. A ban in the IOM isn’t really going to affect him when he’s at his big house in London or holed up in the family compound in South Africa. It’s just a minor inconvenience and I’m sure God will provide enough new clients prepared to overlook this ban and still invest with him anyway. 

I feel a certain amount of sympathy for the other directors, they should have been able to control him but sometimes people like him do things without consulting the board or bully them into allowing his excesses. 

49 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I know a few people who lost money in this. A ban in the IOM isn’t really going to affect him when he’s at his big house in London or holed up in the family compound in South Africa. It’s just a minor inconvenience and I’m sure God will provide enough new clients prepared to overlook this ban and still invest with him anyway. 

And let's not forget that we've got an MHK who's described this previous employer as, "One of the most diligent outfits he'd ever worked for", or words to that effect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

And let's not forget that we've got an MHK who's described this previous employer as, "One of the most diligent outfits he'd ever worked for", or words to that effect.

Have we? Who is that? Seems to be a very silly thing to have said given that most people who have had any experience of them have known they’re a bunch of crooks for at least the last 5 years. That must be a fairly old statement? 

38 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Have we? Who is that? Seems to be a very silly thing to have said given that most people who have had any experience of them have known they’re a bunch of crooks for at least the last 5 years. That must be a fairly old statement? 

Really?