Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
def72

Beer Tent

There are a lot of people who use this Island as an escape.   They come over and tell us what they have done and where they have lived etc and we take it all at face value.   It is not so easy now with Facebook and google when you can check on their fairy tales but in the past there were a lot of very tricky characters that made this Island their home for some very dodgy reasons.

• Like 1

If I recall wasn’t he going to build a super leisure boozy kind of thing out Tromode way?

15 minutes ago, Gizo said:

If I recall wasn’t he going to build a super leisure boozy kind of thing out Tromode way?

It was going to be the leisure sites to beat all leisure sites. All went quiet after the initial furore 

• Like 1

So is someone now going to ask the corpy...how much has this cost and lost to the the ratepayer?

They'll mince about commercial sensitivity and won't answer of course...but it's a pretty penny.  A very pretty penny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

So is someone now going to ask the corpy...how much has this cost and lost to the the ratepayer?

They'll mince about commercial sensitivity and won't answer of course...but it's a pretty penny.  A very pretty penny.

How will it have cost them anything? Surely it will just remain as a car park as usual. They didn't pay the HR to take on the site...did they?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PmJ said:

How will it have cost them anything? Surely it will just remain as a car park as usual. They didn't pay the HR to take on the site...did they?

There's percentages involved AFAIAA.

18 hours ago, 2112 said:

If Bushys want the Bottleneck, let them bid for it in a formal tender. 

Yeah. If I was Martin and they tendered it I'd bid £1 in the expectation I'd be the only bidder. If not, then good luck.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It will cost as it could have been rented out to someone else.

"Could" is a big word.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, woolley said:

Yeah. If I was Martin and they tendered it I'd bid £1 in the expectation I'd be the only bidder. If not, then good luck.

Yes but if they’ve already been paid the minimum price would be roughly what 10 days parking would bring in as if nothing happens they will just open it up as a carpark. 

Posted (edited)

Could" is a big word.,,,,,,,,,,,,, but not as big as 'couldn't'.

Couldn't it have been a multi year deal with the DCorp? Couldn't it be that the Corp are getting a payment from HR and the parking fees from motorists?

Will they get that payment?

On the other hand, couldn't it be that TT parkers are  going to park for free and ignore the ticket they get?

Edited by Kopek

According to 3fm item   today .   

The Hooded Ram says it's hugely disappointed there'll be no beer tent on the Bottleneck car park in Douglas this TT.

Last week, Douglas Council revealed the site - operated by the brewery for the first time last year - would be empty during this year's festival.

The Hooded Ram says problems applying for a licence were beyond its control, and the delays meant booking live music acts hadn't been finalised.

However, in a statement the company says it's looking forward to working with Douglas Council next year.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:38 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

If Hooded Sham are bound by the terms of lease (and it's collectible) it'll be a zero. In fact the ratepayer will get the parking fees on top of the rent.  

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

If Hooded Sham are bound by the terms of lease (and it's collectible) it'll be a zero. In fact the ratepayer will get the parking fees on top of the rent.  

Wouldn't surprise me if Martin opened up at the Bottleneck as well, legal niceties allowing.

I don't think that would be logistically possible this late in the day.