Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
def72

Beer Tent

23 minutes ago, PmJ said:

No wonder who doesn't want the repeat experience? It looked to be quite busy last year

Self evidently they don’t want to repeat the experience otherwise they’d have got their act together. The experience was pretty poor last year. I’m not surprised they’ve thrown the towel in. 

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

I don't see why all the anti-Hooded Ram stuff. It was shown that there is plenty of room for both tents.

They could have gone to a new site, rather than pushing out Bushys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

He can start with the Bogs in The Rovers

That might just be AT’s poor aim after 10 pints ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

Self evidently they don’t want to repeat the experience otherwise they’d have got their act together. The experience was pretty poor last year. I’m not surprised they’ve thrown the towel in. 

As you seem to know a lot about this, would you like to share.

12 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

As you seem to know a lot about this, would you like to share.

Not really as I can’t be bothered dealing with the usual argumentative trolls on here who are just looking for ammunition to start another argument with. Suffice to say. They have not got their act together and it is only a few weeks before TT - so presumably it was so bad last year they couldn’t be bothered repeating the experience otherwise they’d have re booked the same catering and other services they used last year by now and their application wouldn’t have been turned down. 

43 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That might just be AT’s poor aim after 10 pints ;)

As if he makes it that far...

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

Not really as I can’t be bothered dealing with the usual argumentative trolls on here who are just looking for ammunition to start another argument with. Suffice to say. They have not got their act together and it is only a few weeks before TT - so presumably it was so bad last year they couldn’t be bothered repeating the experience otherwise they’d have re booked the same catering and other services they used last year by now and their application wouldn’t have been turned down. 

It was a fair question answered with insults as per usual.

You are adding 2+2 and coming up with something other than 4. You don't know the ins and outs of this but feel compelled to guess that they didn't want to do it again. If that were the case they would simply have not bothered applying for a licence or wasting time going to court.

After five pages of discussion on the words 'Beer' and 'Tent' is it now perhaps time to broaden the discussion by introducing a new angle? How about 'Portaloo'?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

After five pages of discussion on the words 'Beer' and 'Tent' is it now perhaps time to broaden the discussion by introducing a new angle? How about 'Portaloo'?

Not having drunk in a portaloo, I'll leave this up to you to educate us... :D

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You are adding 2+2 and coming up with something other than 4. You don't know the ins and outs of this but feel compelled to guess that they didn't want to do it again. If that were the case they would simply have not bothered applying for a licence or wasting time going to court.

I’m not aware that I have ever insulted you to be honest. I tend to keep away from responding to anything you post as it’s not worth the hassle usually as you seem to be one of a few posters on here perpetually spoiling for a fight. It’s a statement of fact that they had nothing in place by the time of the court hearing. That strongly suggests to anyone that pretty much had no intention of providing facilities this year otherwise they would have had acts, and caterers, and events facilities booked as it’s only a few weeks to TT Week. I can’t imagine Martin B had nothing at all booked by last week. The place was pretty awful last year so you can only assume they can’t be bothered repeating the whole thing especially with the investment Bushy’s are making. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

They could have gone to a new site, rather than pushing out Bushys

Yep ok. That was all pretty shitty stuff. Do HR have friends on Douglas Council?

As things turned out, it was good for Bushy's and more importantly, good for the TT.

Incidentally, I was flabbergasted to hear a Douglas Councillor, soon after the TT, whinging that Bushy's got the Villa Marina site from Government without putting in a tender. (Think about that).

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Well....they hadn't apparently booked a marquee, security or acts either....?

36 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Well....they hadn't apparently booked a marquee, security or acts either....?

If anything then, I would say they are guilty of poor management and planning. As I said earlier, if the intention was not to bother then why go through all the bother of going to court to get a licence?