Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
def72

Beer Tent

20 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He has and as someone who is not doing it for the profile or to be noticed as a “mover and shaker” or high powered businessman. 

It would be worth reposting the link to the original Bushy’s / Hooded Ram thread that was originally started last year as I’m sure many posters in this thread should be eating humble pie about what they said about Bushy’s and Martin Brunscweiller at the time they were cumming in their pants about the Hooded Ram getting the contract. 

Maybe you should find it, my recollection was that on here at least most people were very supportive of bushys and less than impressed at the prospect of the hooded ram taking it on.

• Like 5

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Maybe you should find it, my recollection was that on here at least most people were very supportive of bushys and less than impressed at the prospect of the hooded ram taking it on.

There are quite a few who seem to have changed their tune above. I found a link but it was the wrong one. There were quite a few supporting HR at the time. 

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Someone told me that they thought Raj was the problem, not the cure. I have a family member who knows Rob well and that is good enough for me to say that I hope he does well in whatever he does and feel sorry for him that he trusted the wrong backer.

Rob is a good guy. Did well creating the HR brand from humble beginnings. The trajectory of the company was slow but steady, his probably only fault was seeing quick dollars through the utterings of Raj and unfortunately fell for the patter. A hard lesson I’m sure felt by thousands of startups. 

Good luck to Rob. Maybe next time he’ll learn from this.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There are quite a few who seem to have changed their tune above. I found a link but it was the wrong one. There were quite a few supporting HR at the time. 

Notwell? The gov shill. 

6 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Notwell? The gov shill. 

I was referring to posters in this thread (above) unless you know something I don’t. I have no recollection of what former poster notwell did or did not say. 

Karma....I wonder if the HR will still have to pay D.C. the rent for the site as it is not D.C.s fault that this year has not gone ahead.

I doubt they'll get it though, and they'll certainly never see another penny in rent from Bushy's since they gifted the Villa to Government and the taxpayer.

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Pretty sure people were questioning why HR shouldn’t get the bottleneck, and why DBC should have just given it to MB. Both seemed to do well last year and we all had a choice where to go

There were several threads in 2017 when this started, but the main one was this:

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62228-bushys-to-lose-tt-site/

though Albert started one later:

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62498-who-tried-to-kill-bushys-tent/

there's obviously something about the topic that makes people see double.

For what it's worth most people backed Bushy's because they had built up the business and there was some suggestion that Hooded Ram was not the top-bidding contender.  I now wonder if the Hooded Ram bid was mainly turnover-based and of course if it's not run DBC won't get anything more than the basic yearly fee (if that depending on how the contract was drawn up). 

I've just been reading some of "Notwell's" contributions in the above links to the past debate....Bushy's tent "smelling of piss and the new operators going to move things forward"...

Well, we can see where that got us.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Pretty sure people were questioning why HR shouldn’t get the bottleneck, and why DBC should have just given it to MB. Both seemed to do well last year and we all had a choice where to go

:lol: Yes HR did so well last year that 3 weeks before this TT week they still haven't even booked any security or acts and got their license withdrawn by the licensing court. They must have done that well that they couldn’t be arsed doing it all again this year :lol:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

:lol: Yes HR did so well last year that 3 weeks before this TT week they still haven't even booked any security or acts and got their license withdrawn by the licensing court. They must have done that well that they couldn’t be arsed doing it all again this year :lol:

Raj just wanted to buy his way in. Now he hasn’t been able to do that he’s lost interest. Just like all his other projects which litter Douglas either empty, half built, or lying in ruin. 

• Thanks 1

He has been brewing without a licence, had his licence rescinded in U.K. after a spat with customs and excise according to the media......allegedly.    It was a few weeks ago so please do not ask for a reference...   he just seems to think he is teflon.

I know that Bushy’s is regarded as a TT institution and part of the TT experience for some. Mr Bushy does quite well out of it, I am sure. It might be worth asking him how much he actually invests in the TT event, upon which his business does so well on the back of. My guess is zero £. 

2 minutes ago, joebean said:

I know that Bushy’s is regarded as a TT institution and part of the TT experience for some. Mr Bushy does quite well out of it, I am sure. It might be worth asking him how much he actually invests in the TT event, upon which his business does so well on the back of. My guess is zero £. 

So you’re saying that he doesn’t 

* Buy all the beer and spirits

* Pay all the staff 

* Pay all the bands to perform 

* Pay all the security staff

* Pay all the lighting and sound engineers to put the sets up

* Pay rent to government for the site 

Oh right, not really a plausible argument is it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1