Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
manxkinho

Cordon around Woodville Terrace

1 minute ago, manxkinho said:

Looks like it is related to the “incident” this morning. Anyone any clues what’s going on?

Thought it was all finished.

Saw a WPC there early afternoon and the lane taped off, but by teatime it was all clear and not a sign of anything or anyone.:(

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Thought it was all finished.

Saw a WPC there early afternoon and the lane taped off, but by teatime it was all clear and not a sign of anything or anyone.:(

I just saw an update from manxradio about it. Ah well - shows they’ve a real finger on the pulse of the island, eh? :)

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, manxkinho said:

I just saw an update from manxradio about it. Ah well - shows they’ve a real finger on the pulse of the island, eh? :)

Unless things have started up again, I'd say MR were not much better than 3fm  with  their info.

Edited by dilligaf

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Unless things have started up again, I'd say MR were not much better than 3fm  with  their info.

That's par for the course in the evening. Unless it's changed recently, if you want a round up of the local news on the hour after 6pm and before 10pm you have to go to 3FM who do a local update each hour after the UK news. Manx only do the weather.

8 minutes ago, woolley said:
21 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That's par for the course in the evening. Unless it's changed recently, if you want a round up of the local news on the hour after 6pm and before 10pm you have to go to 3FM who do a local update each hour after the UK news. Manx only do the weather.

I don't doubt that, but 3fm were it seems saying it was an RTC. I somehow think they were wrong.

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I don't doubt that, but 3fm were it seems saying it was an RTC. I somehow think they were wrong.

Last week's face plant was initially an RTC also.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Wouldn't be surprised. The standard of reporting is generally awful. It seems to revolve around people reading other people's poorly written online posts, getting the wrong end of the stick and then putting out a poorly written piece of their own. And so the process continues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Wouldn't be surprised. The standard of reporting is generally awful. It seems to revolve around people reading other people's poorly written online posts, getting the wrong end of the stick and then putting out a poorly written piece of their own. And so the process continues.

I agree whoever does 3Fm’s news coverage should be sacked. I’m amazed they can actually resell advertising around their rubbish website reports which are generally staggeringly inaccurate or annoyingly short and pointless.  

• Like 1

May as well get rid of the feckin lot of them and listen to Radio 2

39 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Nah.  I would miss Talking Heads and the afternoon shows. They really are quite good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Indeed. THEIR coverage of the Woodvile Terrace (possibly) Disaster was much more informative. As is their coverage of most Manx news.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I'm a radio 4 man personally 

We all have our crosses to bear. Especially this time of year :lol::lol:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Indeed. THEIR coverage of the Woodvile Terrace (possibly) Disaster was much more informative. As is their coverage of most Manx news.

Intentional typo there Stu?

It's one of the quietest roads in all Douglas and with a magnificent view to boot, although I believe some of the flats occasionally accommodate lower echelon pond life.

Edited by gettafa
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1