Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
LightBulb

How easy is it to stand for a local election, or as an MHK

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Do you have a Chris Thomas action figure in your bedroom?

No, but I have a couple of Chris Thomas memes...... would you like me to post them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Do you have a Chris Thomas action figure in your bedroom?

chris thomas and action in the same sentence,   that really is funny.......................

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far easier to stand and be elected as an Member of the Legislative Council (MLC). All you need is a womb and that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

No, but I have a couple of Chris Thomas memes...... would you like me to post them?

I still have my Brenda Cannell blow up dolly....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I still have my Brenda Cannell blow up dolly....

Shudder............

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I still have my Brenda Cannell blow up dolly....

 

sick-girl-vomiting-cartoon-vector-15010514.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't mention the hot tub....

Oh bugger!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Far easier to stand and be elected as an Member of the Legislative Council (MLC). All you need is a womb and that.

Easier, but a very sleazy way to creep into Tynwald. I recommend against it, not only for moral reasons but in purely Machiavellian terms it will be a short-lived or forever tarnished political career. The current trend (for the self-serving ones in it just to become career politicians) is to go outside of the scope of their constitutional role and engage in self-promotional PR, like asking lots of stupid questions to get media attention, kissing up to James Corrin, jumping in front of cameras while kids are trying to get their photos taken at climate protests, all in the hopes that they will then be able to use all that opportunistic marketing to stand and fool the plebs into legitimately electing them in a general election. 

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Easier, but a very sleazy way to creep into Tynwald. I recommend against it, not only for moral reasons but in purely Machiavellian terms it will be a short-lived or forever tarnished political career. The current trend (for the self-serving ones in it just to become career politicians) is to go outside of the scope of their constitutional role and engage in self-promotional PR, like asking lots of stupid questions to get media attention, kissing up to James Corrin, jumping in front of cameras while kids are trying to get their photos taken at climate protests, all in the hopes that they will then be able to use all that opportunistic marketing to stand and fool the plebs into legitimately electing them in a general election. 

What advantages are there to kissing up to somebody like James Corrin for heavens sake. You'd be more respected if you just ignored the man

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

No, but I have a couple of Chris Thomas memes...... would you like me to post them?

I bet you do!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

What advantages are there to kissing up to somebody like James Corrin for heavens sake. 

None. But that doesn't seem to stop dumb people trying. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I still have my Brenda Cannell blow up dolly....

Oh gosh that made me laugh. Is there still any air in it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...