Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Burt

Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Posted (edited)

The Jonathan Michaels report is therefore seemingly explosive.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1

Did he walk or was he pushed?

There, I'll be the first to say it!

8 minutes ago, Burt said:

Yes I’d imagine right before the Michaels Report being published (after you’ve probably seen the draft) would be the exact right time to go. 

If the article is correct (yes, I know) then Ashford has trotted out the exact same stock phrases for both resignations, just in a slightly different order.

There's nothing like the personal touch - and that's nothing like the personal touch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's she too btw. 1st and 2nd timed for maximum impact I guess. So I would say their lead to wrongfoot the Minister. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

If the article is correct (yes, I know) then Ashford has trotted out the exact same stock phrases for both resignations, just in a slightly different order.

There's nothing like the personal touch - and that's nothing like the personal touch.

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Edited by english zloty

Posted (edited)

Hmmm. Wonder if Dr Couch will now return to Treasury where he was much-lauded prior to being parachuted in to DHSC as a cure for all ills?

ETA. News release last thing on a Bank Holiday weekend Friday. A "good day to bury bad news"?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 5

Have lessons been learned I wonder, spending more time with their family maybe?

To lose the CEO of DHSC is unfortunate but to lose his deputy as well is downright careless.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Hmmm. Wonder if Dr Couch will now return to Treasury where he was much-lauded prior to being parachuted in to DHSC as a cure for all ills?

ETA. News release last thing on a Bank Holiday weekend Friday. A "good day to bury bad news"?

Is Dr Couch entitled to a permanent job at mega bucks salary, as he supposed to have 2 brains? He has resigned for a reason, so must now stay out the civil service or Manx Politics. He can however, if he feels and wants to defend his record, stand for election in any village pump election. 

10 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Surely the exit packages would have been sorted out for a week or two and this would have been planned for today by the Minister and his “PR” people? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

Is Beecroft going to be vindicated?

If so Callister must be proper bricking it by now for when people and the press recall the stunt he pulled allegedly protecting Couch from getting the bullet and embarrassing Beecroft at the time :lol: