Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Burt

Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Recommended Posts

The Jonathan Michaels report is therefore seemingly explosive.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he walk or was he pushed?

There, I'll be the first to say it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the article is correct (yes, I know) then Ashford has trotted out the exact same stock phrases for both resignations, just in a slightly different order.

There's nothing like the personal touch - and that's nothing like the personal touch.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's she too btw. 1st and 2nd timed for maximum impact I guess. So I would say their lead to wrongfoot the Minister. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

If the article is correct (yes, I know) then Ashford has trotted out the exact same stock phrases for both resignations, just in a slightly different order.

There's nothing like the personal touch - and that's nothing like the personal touch.

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Edited by english zloty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. Wonder if Dr Couch will now return to Treasury where he was much-lauded prior to being parachuted in to DHSC as a cure for all ills?

ETA. News release last thing on a Bank Holiday weekend Friday. A "good day to bury bad news"?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have lessons been learned I wonder, spending more time with their family maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To lose the CEO of DHSC is unfortunate but to lose his deputy as well is downright careless.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Hmmm. Wonder if Dr Couch will now return to Treasury where he was much-lauded prior to being parachuted in to DHSC as a cure for all ills?

ETA. News release last thing on a Bank Holiday weekend Friday. A "good day to bury bad news"?

Is Dr Couch entitled to a permanent job at mega bucks salary, as he supposed to have 2 brains? He has resigned for a reason, so must now stay out the civil service or Manx Politics. He can however, if he feels and wants to defend his record, stand for election in any village pump election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

To lose the CEO of DHSC is unfortunate but to lose his deputy as well is downright careless.

Dare say the Minister may feel he can do without them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Anything's possible, I suppose. Certainly, someone somewhere's got no imagination.

Health and Social Care Minister David Ashford MHK said: ‘I thank Malcolm for the dedication and enormous hard work that he has given to the DHSC, and wish him well for the future. I would also like to thank him for the help and support he has provided to me personally during my 15 months as Minister.’

Michaela Morris joined the newly-merged department in September 2014. Mr Ashford said: ’I would like to thank her for her dedication, all the help and support she has provided to me personally during my time as Minister and the enormous hard work she has given to the DHSC. I wish Michaela well for the future.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Couch was moved to DHSC in 2015, even if the report absolutely crucifies DHSC would his four years there have been enough to try and turn things around if problems were deep rooted and entrenched enough?

Ashford has only been in post a matter of months too of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...