Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Burt

Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Posted (edited)

I’d say it’s unlikely that they didn’t get a pay off. In most of these situations there is a pay off given and a strong confidentiality agreement signed fire-walling that pay off. It’s rare for two to leave suddenly together I’d say without some deal being struck. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo
  • Like 1

I am sure that the Michaels report is behind this, I'm wondering if this is a sign that our politicians have grown a pair and decided to implement it, shaking the Civil Service to the core, and maybe a lot of others? 

Lisvane for resurrection anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You'll be lucky

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Morris hasn't been there that long but is a total clown who is  out of her depth. If Malcolm recruited her himself then maybe that's why he's going.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Morris hasn't been there that long but is a total clown who is  out of her depth. If Malcolm recruited her himself then maybe that's why he's going.

She was Charter's mate. Handpicked

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

Was she? He didn’t arrive until July 2014, her appointment was announced in July 2014, after an advertising/interview etc recruitment process.

Her appointment, as director of acute services, and that of a full time clinical director, arose out of implementation of the recommendations of the Beaman Report into restructuring of Nobles management  

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Was she? He didn’t arrive until July 2014, her appointment was announced in July 2014, after an advertising/interview etc recruitment process.

Her appointment, as director of acute services, and that of a full time clinical director, arose out of implementation of the recommendations of the Beaman Report into restructuring of Nobles management  

yes, believe me, there wasn't a recruiting process. she just rocked up one day. it is true her position has changed at least twice from director to executive director to deputy ceo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, english zloty said:

yes, believe me, there wasn't a recruiting process. she just rocked up one day. it is true her position has changed at least twice from director to executive director to deputy ceo

Wow, she must have been pretty useless to get so many promotions so quickly! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, english zloty said:

Incorrect. There was a recruitment process and she was appointed with the agreement of Mr Charters.

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that we move away from making senior appointments the 'way we 've always done' and instead adhere to NHS standards whilst appointing to the CEO and Deputy CEO roles that are now vacant.

Good guidance on how to make these appointments is available here: https://improvement.nhs.uk/documents/784/senior_appointments_guidance_final.pdf

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, english zloty said:

Howard Quayle’s mate and handpicked, she came in same time as Charters to take over from that Scott woman that  Beacroft dumped.

Edited by buncha wankas
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Babydoc said:

I sincerely hope that we move away from making senior appointments the 'way we 've always done' and instead adhere to NHS standards whilst appointing to the CEO and Deputy CEO roles that are now vacant.

Good guidance on how to make these appointments is available here: https://improvement.nhs.uk/documents/784/senior_appointments_guidance_final.pdf

Ah, but this is The Isle of Man..... Where You Can Because We're Different!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Ah, but this is The Isle of Man..... Where You Can Because We're Corrupt Different!

Fixed 

18 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Howard Quayle’s mate and handpicked, she came in same time as Charters to take over from that Scott woman that  Beacroft dumped.

That’s not as I remember it. Barbara Scott was still in post for some time after MM’s shoe in,

Will ask around, but I think I am right.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That’s not as I remember it. Barbara Scott was still in post for some time after MM’s shoe in,

Will ask around, but I think I am right.

I stand corrected as I found this piece on the nobles exposed site

“Ex Hospital Manager, Barbara Scott was effectively demoted during the restructuring of the management staff a few years ago when Mark Charters was in charge.  He then brought on board Michaela Morris as the Executive Director to Health and Social Care with the accountability of the hospital.

In recent news, Barbara Scott has had secondment to the Chief Executives Office to do Transformation work - not sure where that job was advertised but seems to be a motion to remove her from the hospital altogether...”

It seems  she was the first deadwood removed but the CEO gave her a made up role, I wonder If Couch and Morris will join Scott in a new made up role.   But Scott was not demoted, she appeared a few months later promoted. 

Edited by buncha wankas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1