Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Burt

Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

To lose the CEO of DHSC is unfortunate but to lose his deputy as well is downright careless.

Dare say the Minister may feel he can do without them

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Anything's possible, I suppose. Certainly, someone somewhere's got no imagination.

Health and Social Care Minister David Ashford MHK said: ‘I thank Malcolm for the dedication and enormous hard work that he has given to the DHSC, and wish him well for the future. I would also like to thank him for the help and support he has provided to me personally during my 15 months as Minister.’

Michaela Morris joined the newly-merged department in September 2014. Mr Ashford said: ’I would like to thank her for her dedication, all the help and support she has provided to me personally during my time as Minister and the enormous hard work she has given to the DHSC. I wish Michaela well for the future.’

Dr Couch was moved to DHSC in 2015, even if the report absolutely crucifies DHSC would his four years there have been enough to try and turn things around if problems were deep rooted and entrenched enough?

Ashford has only been in post a matter of months too of course.

26 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Surely the exit packages would have been sorted out for a week or two and this would have been planned for today by the Minister and his “PR” people? 

Doubt it. 'exit package' will be standard, clearly not else the Minister would be prepared as would the press.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Dr Couch was moved to DHSC in 2015, even if the report absolutely crucifies DHSC would his four years there have been enough to try and turn things around if problems were deep rooted and entrenched enough?

Ashford has only been in post a matter of months too of course.

Nick Black could be parachuted in :shuriken:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Doubt it. 'exit package' will be standard, clearly not else the Minister would be prepared as would the press.

You might be right. Government PR is so terrible across the board it’s hard to work out what bad statements are planned and deliberate and what are not! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Dare say the Minister may feel he can do without them

Oh! is he not going too.? After all he stood by them with their cock ups and made excuses for them.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Mrs. Morris's resignation letter was a copy and paste from Dr. Couch's resignation letter?!

Edited by Last Ten
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

I wonder if Mrs. Morris's resignation was a copy and paste from Dr. Couch's resignation letter?!

Post of the week :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Post of the week :lol:

High praise indeed with quality postings of the variety 'your (sic) a pissed up cockwomble' in the running.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

High praise indeed with quality postings of the variety 'your (sic) a pissed up cockwomble' in the running.

In English please. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Nick Black could be parachuted in :shuriken:

No way, he'll be way too busy shoveling pink tarmac in a desperate effort to make the Prom passable and presentable, for TT Week!

Edited by Nellie

12 minutes ago, Nellie said:

No way, he'll be way too busy shoveling pink tarmac in a desperate effort to make the Prom passable and presentable, for TT Week!

Plus the fact that he couldn’t find his own ass using both hands. 

These situations are so difficult, and as gagging orders are probably in place, we plebs can never know the truth.

Scenario 1 -

Boy Vampire: Malcolm, you aren't up to it and you have to go.

Scenario 2 -

Malcolm: Boy Vampire, you aren't up to it and I have to go.

Could be either!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

I wonder if Mrs. Morris's resignation was a copy and paste from Dr. Couch's resignation letter?!

The Minister’s “thank you” letters were!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2