Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Burt

Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Most if not all of what you call the old guard we’re locals with decades of experience and skills who knew how an island hospital should be run. They were forced out by the influx of rejects from hospitals across, who then installed their mates and former colleagues because they knew better than the locals.:o

That did not work and they soon found out that all the practices they binned, actually worked, but they could not admit it, so blundered on  binning locals and fudging their way through every event, whether tragic or financially fatal until they were found out.

Such a waste of experience and talent, by idiots clutching at the last straw to prop up a failed career.

I don’t like Beecroft, but she is just one of the many people treated badly by these people who are now jumping ship.

3 now in just a few weeks and when a few reports are published, I imagine 2or3 more will jump.

Has to be a good sign that things will improve

I still believe that Ashford should also go.

I like the guy, but he is far too naive to be in this role. FCS he stood up for the idiots when they were shown up for what they are/ were

Ashcroft will do fine, he just needs to get off the fence, no one wants to see weak management getting a handshake for taking easy way out.   Now time to get all the weak management who have been in senior positions for last 10 years and have been moved sideways, up or down to hide their weakness.  Time for those who have suffered at the hands of  head nodder  to speak up and be heard and be part of problem solving instead of the old guard who just moved problems around.  

Edited by buncha wankas

3 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Ashcroft will do fine, he just needs to get off the fence, no one wants to see weak management getting a handshake for taking easy way out.   Now time to get all the weak management who have been in senior positions for last 10 years and have been moved sideways, up or down to hide their weakness.  Time for those who have suffered at the hands of  head nodded to speak up and be heard and be part of problem solving instead of the old guard who just moved problems around. 

It is a mine field I agree, but a lot of talent and experience has been lost due to ignorant blaggers.

it is the “ new guard” not the old that is the problem. I wish I was allowed to say more, but I am not able to do so for several reasons.

There must be a few who could take this further who have no worries about reprisals?

• Sad 1

Will the report that seems to be frightening everybody tackle management issues as well as medical?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Will the report that seems to be frightening everybody tackle management issues as well as medical?

You’d hope so. 

• Like 1

I can remember hospitals when they had professional matrons running them & very few administrators

New Nobles has more people walking about than most of our high streets

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Based on the tone of the interim report in January - yes...and governance...and structure.

• Like 1

Just now, Donald Trumps said:

I can remember hospitals when they had professional matrons running them & very few administrators

When I 

Do I remember correctly that someone abolished the oversight committee?

Just now, dilligaf said:

When I 

I've got more when behind me than future in front

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

That’s for sure! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

weak management getting a handshake for taking easy way out

Dilli - didn’t your wife get a six figure handshake for taking the easy way out of the Nobles management suite? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fluffy said:

Dilli - didn’t your wife get a six figure handshake for taking the easy way out of the Nobles management suite? 

What is " the easy way out" you speak of ? Think you are mistaken somewhat .

Love your name though

,https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/fluffer

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What is " the easy way out" you speak of ? Think you are mistaken somewhat .

Are they mistaken on what is an easy way out, or mistaken on any massive payment that might have been pocketed? (Advanced guessing you won’t answer) 

Edited by Cheesy Wheezy

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

It is a mine field I agree, but a lot of talent and experience has been lost due to ignorant blaggers.

it is the “ new guard” not the old that is the problem. I wish I was allowed to say more, but I am not able to do so for several reasons.

There must be a few who could take this further who have no worries about reprisals?

Maybe we should define old and new guard, I call the ones who were there first 5 years of the last 10 old guard

2 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Maybe we should define old and new guard, I call the ones who were there first 5 years of the last 10 old guard

Then we differ greatly in our views.