Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Burt

Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Of course, recruitment processes are ALWAYS what they seem and NEVER a case of just going through the motions. :thumbsup:

Your name was at the top of the list.

That's good to know, sir. 

Yes, well, it was a very short list.....

• Haha 1

Well the team was not working so it is sound sense to bring in a new team that hopefully bring a breath of fresh air to the service and not look at it through the eyes of an accountant because that was virtually what Crouch was.

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Well the team was not working so it is sound sense to bring in a new team that hopefully bring a breath of fresh air to the service and not look at it through the eyes of an accountant because that was virtually what Crouch was.

All they have left in DHSC head office is Catlow, the ex post office accountant.   Taking bets that like at post office he will jump ship now the shit hits the fan.  

Whatever bad news is in store for Couch and Morris in the soon-to-arrive Michaels report, Beecroft has a bloody nerve crowing "Ah well yes, I tried to oust Couch and had no support" on MR this morning. She seems to overlook that even the sloth-like Quayle eventually dumped her due to the absolutely disastrous sojourn she spent in health and the apparent horror expressed by other politicians tasked to work with her. Irony appears to be lost on Calamity Kate.

• Thanks 1

I thought she sounded quite perky yesterday

Anyway, the report is released to the plebs tomorrow

Wonder if it will recommend open two-way communication with workers & patients?

Unfortunately, from what I'm hearing I fear that the report may in some respects be based on what Michaels has been fed by people with an agenda. I hope that he has been able to see around that and discover true facts. We will have to see, but I'm not optimistic.

• Like 1

Hopefully MFers will establish the full truth as best they can

• Sad 1

Yes Calamity was getting star treatment by Stu on TH she said she had tried to sack Couch in her reign of terror for incompetence, strong words that may just turn and bite her.   She made no mention of the three MHKs that found it impossible to work with her and the one that left her party during her tenure because she felt she was being gagged and could not represent her constituents properly.   Hooper will now be downgraded to nodding dog now that she is back, shame because I was warming to him at least he picked his battles unlike Kate.

• Like 2

I still find it bizarre how Couch has such a shitty track record but still receives praise. Yet it will somehow all be Kate's fault.

Actually, I blame her for the all the Treasury issues as well. And Brexit.

After all, she's a woman and Couch is a man PLUS he was a doctor for about 8 minutes back in the 80s.

QED: he is awesome.

19 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

I still find it bizarre how Couch has such a shitty track record but still receives praise. Yet it will somehow all be Kate's fault.

After all, she's a woman and Couch is a man PLUS he was a doctor for about 8 minutes back in the 80s.

He was worshipped as a deity in Treasury and credited with much of the IoM's taxation strategy success IIRC

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

Couch’s failings, whatever they are about to be demonstrated as, are not attributable to Beecroft. Beecroft’s failings are exclusively her own.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I hope Couch sues Beecroft for making a statement for which I doubt she has proof. He has a few more years of work in him and putting a slur on his character is not acceptable without hard evidence.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I hope Couch sues Beecroft for making a statement for which I doubt she has proof. He has a few more years of work in him and putting a slur on his character is not acceptable without hard evidence.

Think a bit deeper Sid

None any better than the other 

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Think a bit deeper Sid

None any better than the other 

Think a bit deeper Dilli,

One was professionally interviewed for the job, got it, did it, lasted,  and has resigned without saying anything (yet).

The other is a non-qualified appointee, not held to account, but lasted (how long?) - before being sacked. And then does not stay quiet. 

Time will tell, but I know who my money is on.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Think a bit deeper Dilli,

One was professionally interviewed for the job, got it, did it, lasted,  and has resigned without saying anything (yet).

The other is a non-qualified appointee, not held to account, but lasted (how long?) - before being sacked. And then does not stay quiet. 

Time will tell, but I know who my money is on.

I thought you were smarter than that

I think you are taking the piss

• Sad 1