Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
MrPB

Another strange court appearance

6 minutes ago, Sentience said:

That is, not probably, but definately the post that describes you even better than I tried to. Well done, living up to  form.

So in 13 years you have posted about 750 times and now you are a moderator telling people what they can post.

Yeah, way to go.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

So in 13 years you have posted about 750 times and now you are a moderator telling people what they can post.

Yeah, way to go.

You silly man.

Sadly there are the few, JW a prime  example, of those who try to to keep the conversation going in an educated informative way. An honest attempt to help.

And then there's you.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Sadly there are the few, JW a prime  example, of those who try to to keep the conversation going in an educated informative way. An honest attempt to help.

And then there's you.

Should you not be out there banning the sale of bottled water. A better cause eh ?

BTW, I have a lot of respect for JW.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Confused 1

Just now, dilligaf said:

Should you not be out there banning the sale of bottled water. A better cause eh ?

As I said, you're no comedian. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sentience said:

As I said, you're no comedian. 

Never claimed that I was. I am sure many have your view of me , but over 7000 likes says that I must have said something right.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Never claimed that I was. I am sure many have your view of me , but over 7000 likes says that I must have said something right.

Sympathy vote.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Had enough of of your riveting responses. 

I'm out. 

Good, Bye for now then,

I am off to that horrible place Europe the morra, so you can pick on someone else for a week or so.

Fill your boots and boost your ego.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Good, Bye for now then,

I am off to that horrible place Europe the morra, so you can pick on someone else for a week or so.

Fill your boots and boost your ego.

Enjoy your holiday. Anywhere nice? I’m still in Penedes. Should be in Italy. Mess up with Barcelona to Genoa ferry on Friday. Offered place on the next one, Wednesday, arrives 08.00 Thursday - but we are booked back at 11.00 on Thursday to arrive back in Barcelona 07.00 Friday. Couldn’t make it up!

Still, visited IKEA Barcelona Hospitalet/Grand Via today and we didn’t kill each other.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Enjoy your holiday. Anywhere nice? I’m still in Penedes. Should be in Italy. Mess up wit Barcelona to Genoa ferry on Friday. Offered place on the next one, Wednesday, arrives 08.00 Thursday - but we are booked back at 11.00 on Thursday to arrive back in Barcelona 07.00 Friday. Couldn’t make it up!

Thank you, I am sure the bitch fest will manage without me 

We are staying in Alherine el Grande again, so should be ace. I will try to keep up with the party.:flowers:

Auto correct just altered the spelling there, but you know where I mean.

Edited by dilligaf

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It was designed to be flexible, so the divide between the two wards could be changed, with more allocated to elderly, or acute, as required.

My personal view is that there is inadequate accommodation, halfway, supported, community living, for patients to be moved on to and insufficient community support.

If flexibility was planned, it certainly doesn't seem to be being used.  The previous unannounced visit in January (in the middle of the night!) found similar numbers of patients above the normal allocation and they were again forced to place non-elderly patients in the other ward.  There's no hint of any possibility of reconfiguration.   According to the specification laid before Tynwald:

Grianagh Court has a current capacity of 20 beds; 8 designated for the assessment and treatment of older persons experiencing acute mental ill health and 12 for younger adults; although internal flexibility in respect of bed management / allocation is regularly applied in order to cope with demand.

Which meant they increased the elderly side more than the other - an even odder decision.  Maybe it's easier to sell services for the  elderly to politicians rather than for the working age mentally ill.  It reassures them they'll have somewhere to go if there's no space on LegCo.

There were clearly a lot of other problems as well which were discussed when similar concerns were leaked to the papers at the same time.  Apparently the unannounced visit later in the week was complete coincidence (honest gov), but it found a situation very similar to the conditions described in the newspaper report.

Of course there needs to be supported accommodation that people can be discharged into, but at the moment most non-elderly in residence seemed to be sectioned in some way anyway, so it might not help much with the overcrowding (though it does seem a problem with discharging the elderly).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

MF is not of any relevance in real life.

Why do people think anything posted on here actually matters ?

Now there's a truth

22 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

That's your opinion but it's one small news article. The people who have decided on the course of action have all the facts.

Spoken like a true copper......

15 hours ago, Sentience said:

That is, not probably, but definately the post that describes you even better than I tried to. Well done, living up to  form.

You are H and I claim £5

• Like 1
  • Haha 3