Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Manx Bean

The word stupid redefined

So, DoI are now laying on a minibus shuttle from the Sea Terminal from Summerland...between 9.30am and 4.30pm. Is this to replace the horse trams until they are ready? I'd be intrigued to know how many people are gong to want to sit on a minibus whilst it crawls along the prom through the chaos of the roadworks for the fun of it?

Please somebody - help me out here??? Why????

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/myprom-bus-shuttle-service-starts-this-morning/

13 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

So, DoI are now laying on a minibus shuttle from the Sea Terminal from Summerland...between 9.30am and 4.30pm. Is this to replace the horse trams until they are ready? I'd be intrigued to know how many people are gong to want to sit on a minibus whilst it crawls along the prom through the chaos of the roadworks for the fun of it?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/myprom-bus-shuttle-service-starts-this-morning/

It’s for somebody that doesn’t want the hassle of finding somewhere to park. 

Maybe it should replace the horsetrams full time? :lol: 

For the newer breed of anorak.

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

Haven't they just opened up Summerland site for parking free on a first come first served basis? Maybe has something to do with that

this morning i saw a tram on tyred wheels on the road moving towards douglas in the crosby area at some slow as fuck pace,  it must be a horse tram stand in.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I think it is just to annoy taxi drivers. One of them was fuming on facebook about it over the weekend. 

£7.00 in a taxi, £1.30 by bus?

Edited by Max Power

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I think it is just to annoy taxi drivers. One of them was fuming on facebook about it over the weekend. 

Would that be Barry the Taxi by any chance...

It would indeed. He was suggesting a mass protest outside the Sea Terminal. 

WHAT DO WE WANT

NO FREE BUSES

WHEN DO WE WANT IT

HANG ON DID HE SAY NO FREE BUSES? BALLS TO THAT

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Taxi's certainly have their uses but to see the lines of them lying in wait on the disabled and loading bay in Victoria St. just proves that they charge too much for their services. They may be better charging slightly less per mile or portion thereof and being in use more often! Of course taxi drivers blame the RTLC for setting the fare too high, just as they need to blame them for all of their woes which to my mind are mostly self inflicted!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Taxi's certainly have their uses but to see the lines of them lying in wait on the disabled and loading bay in Victoria St. just proves that they charge too much for their services. They may be better charging slightly less per mile or portion thereof and being in use more often! Of course taxi drivers blame the RTLC for setting the fare too high, just as they need to blame them for all of their woes which to my mind are mostly self inflicted!

you wouldn't mind if they looked presentable instead of scruffy looking urchins. Anybody remember Dial-a-cab? All drivers had to wear a trousers, shirt and tie although they did drop the tie bit after a bit of chuntering. I remember one casual driver turned up in a pair of jeans for his shift and was told to go home and put a pair of trousers on

• Confused 1

....but where would people park to get on the bus at Summerland?

6 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Free in the shuttle bus

What??? And yet they are now charging people for a lift from the Banks Circus (Tesco) to Lord Street, it having previously been free of charge. They have also cut the number of buses (which were already few and far between) that will allow you to get on at the Banks Circus. I really think they need to review that as it is very difficult for elderly and disabled people to buy shopping from Tesco and then have to walk all the way to Lord Street with their shopping to get on a bus. They are forced to either shop elsewhere and perhaps spend more elsewhere or else suffer or .....well, I don't know what they end up doing, but it's sad to see that it isn't  an option. Not everybody has access to a computer and internet to order a home delivery, plus even if you do have access, more often than not you can't get a time slot because it's all fully booked for a month or more (and then you can't book further ahead than that).

The Isle of Man, Where You Can ........get f---cked if you're on a low income.

Most of the low incomes are waiting outside Tesco’s with bags laden of shite food waiting for a taxi to pick them up. No doubt financed by yours truly.