Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Gagster

TT radio service 2019

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, dilligaf said:

Who says there will be a 2020 TT ? It's all on a knife edge, every year.

Any more big fuck ups will say good bye to the TT

If what I was told years ago is true about how the media works with many iconic sporting events, it's more likely IOMG will have to pay Sky or someone else to cover it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the new Chris Boyd ‘Attention Paddock’ show last night.  Was actually a good talk/chat show, which will be good to catch on the way home for the rest of the week.  After 6 it was the usual mix of chat and music, TT info and travel.

Aside from it not being on first thing in the morning, it sounds just the same as usual.  Great to have it back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're being paid to cover a couple of motorbike 'races' why do they need chat shows and other associated shite? If it was commercially viable then great. But otherwise keep it simple and minimise the losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gagster said:

I heard the new Chris Boyd ‘Attention Paddock’ show last night.  Was actually a good talk/chat show, which will be good to catch on the way home for the rest of the week.  After 6 it was the usual mix of chat and music, TT info and travel.

Aside from it not being on first thing in the morning, it sounds just the same as usual.  Great to have it back!

That’s a fair summary although you’ve missed one thing. There are no adverts, except for the odd mention of the DfE’s main sponsors, RL360, Monster etc. 

So, MR have lost the advertising revenue, and the likes of Rob Collister is all surprised, and indignant, that the DfE now have to pay for the service. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been enjoying it so far. Other than the new title it’s not much different to how it’s always been during TT period. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chris4652009 said:

I’ve been enjoying it so far. Other than the new title it’s not much different to how it’s always been during TT period. :)

Yep.  There’s a lot more going on in the evening, more structure to the qualifying coverage than in previous years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, dilligaf said:

Who says there will be a 2020 TT ? It's all on a knife edge, every year.

Any more big fuck ups will say good bye to the TT

1908 have been on the phone,  they'd like their prediction back. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Chris C said:
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, dilligaf said:

Who says there will be a 2020 TT ? It's all on a knife edge, every year.

Any more big fuck ups will say good bye to the TT

1908 have been on the phone,  they'd like their prediction back. 

So it took you 12 days to think of that reply. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

So it took you 12 days to think of that reply. Wow.

You might have been on here 12 days...some of us in the same period have been on a total of 12 minutes. Wise up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and some defend the TT to the death. ( oh, there I go again mentioning that d word ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

So it took you 12 days to think of that reply. Wow.

And it's still well over 110 years more current than the crap you were spouting in the first place 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 12:49 AM, Stu Peters said:

If what I was told years ago is true about how the media works with many iconic sporting events, it's more likely IOMG will have to pay Sky or someone else to cover it.

Why has the "Radio TT" format changed this year ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Why has the "Radio TT" format changed this year ?

I'm not involved in the TT side of things so don't know the full facts. And if I did I'd probably be best advised not to discuss them on t'internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm not involved in the TT side of things so don't know the full facts. And if I did I'd probably be best advised not to discuss them on t'internet.

Oh

I heard the same question asked on Talkkng Heads to the same person 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm not involved in the TT side of things so don't know the full facts. And if I did I'd probably be best advised not to discuss them on t'internet.

It’s Manx Forums - no need for facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...