Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
PmJ

Jezza

The lie detectors are treated as absolute truth by him and used as a stick to bully and harrass.  Having seen the way he's treated participants who have failed the test in the past I can easily imagine a scenario where this guy is mentally vulnerable, possibly incorrectly exposed as a cheat on national TV and given next to fuck all aftercare.

I would argue if he wants to use the vulnerable as entertainment he is absolutely accountable when things go tits up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't argue with your logic PL but given the number of years this show has been running using the same format, why didn't ITV do something about it then? Sadly it has taken the death of somebody to pull the plug. Rightly or wrongly, I (and I suppose others) assumed that there is/was aftercare for the those appearing on his show.

I suppose they just got lucky.  I wonder how many after show assaults could have been caused by the show but never, for one reason or another, been attributed to the show.

I find it hard to believe that some of the bullshit you see on there just magically fizzles out when the credits roll.  Then again, it could be argued that violence/suicide etc involving guests was always going to happen, show or no show.

• Like 1

It emerged on Tuesday that Mr Dymond had been the subject of an arrest warrant after he failed to attend a court hearing for non-payment of a fine.

He was originally ordered to pay nearly £6,000 in compensation to two finance companies in 1997 at Poole Magistrates' Court.

And in February, Mr Dymond had been due to attend a hearing at Southampton Magistrates' Court for the non-payment of a fine of £4,329.

After he failed to attend the hearing, a warrant was issued for his arrest

Maybe suicide was nothing to do with the show

• Like 1

I heard on the radio today that there were several cases of assault that occurred following appearances on the show.   Would need to do more research to confirm those but from what I heard there were a number of unsavoury practices going on including;

• Limited or no aftercare;
  • "Guests" were kept in separate green rooms with show representatives regularly coming in and say "you should hear what he/she is saying about you in the other room".  Essentially aiming to ensure that both parties were wound up and ready to argue;
  • Aggressive interviewing techniques by the host;

Most people who go on the show will have other issues going on that may or may not influence their actions, however, to treat those in difficult situations as entertainment is in my opinion wrong especially when those people are going to be vulnerable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PottyLisa said:

The lie detectors are treated as absolute truth by him and used as a stick to bully and harrass.  Having seen the way he's treated participants who have failed the test in the past I can easily imagine a scenario where this guy is mentally vulnerable, possibly incorrectly exposed as a cheat on national TV and given next to fuck all aftercare.

I would argue if he wants to use the vulnerable as entertainment he is absolutely accountable when things go tits up.

Couldn't agree more. I was amazed to learn he was still making new episodes. I assumed the show had ended years ago and that it was just re-runs being aired. Never liked the creep.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Couldn't agree more. I was amazed to learn he was still making new episodes. I assumed the show had ended years ago and that it was just re-runs being aired. Never liked the creep.

He speaks highly of you too

• Confused 1