Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Rushen Spy

Douglas Promenade during the TT

Recommended Posts

The prom will be mayhem, the prom on TT week is always dire, why they have to have that tacky fair there god knows.   Nothing will change, keep clear of it if you have any sense, get a double food order in start of practice week and chill.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

typical government goat fuck of the first order

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

You realise the Prom is flat and the old horses home is on Richmond Hill

The Prom is not flat. The DOI are not that competent.

Yes, I know the Old Horses Home is on Richmond Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

why they have to have that tacky fair there god knows.

They have it there because the circus freaks kept molesting underage girls each year. It's easier for the Police to keep an eye on what is going on if it's in an open location like the Promenade.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

500 litres of white paint later and we have circa 25 new parking spaces on the promenade walkway opposite Summerland, complete with new access roadway.  Doesn’t quite replace the hundreds lost on the rest of the prom due to the ongoing works. Never mind,  the TT visitors and locals will fully understand as we are the experts in prior planning.

Watch out if you use these spaces as the exit road view is very restricted !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are there two sets of tram lines?

Why? Fuckety why, why, why?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Why are there two sets of tram lines?

Why? Fuckety why, why, why?

 

So it will take twice as long to install?

So it will cost twice as much?

So when they realise there was no real need they can spend more money taking it all out again?

Just reading the paper last week too that they're behind schedule. One of the reasons given was the encountering of various "uncharted services" found as they're digging. Which IIRC, no shortage of untrained engineers on these boards predicted long ago. Purely through common sense.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cypman said:

500 litres of white paint later and we have circa 25 new parking spaces on the promenade walkway opposite Summerland, complete with new access roadway.  Doesn’t quite replace the hundreds lost on the rest of the prom due to the ongoing works. Never mind,  the TT visitors and locals will fully understand as we are the experts in prior planning.

Watch out if you use these spaces as the exit road view is very restricted !

first storm will put pay to ,parking there.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cypman said:

500 litres of white paint later and we have circa 25 new parking spaces on the promenade walkway opposite Summerland, complete with new access roadway.  Doesn’t quite replace the hundreds lost on the rest of the prom due to the ongoing works. Never mind,  the TT visitors and locals will fully understand as we are the experts in prior planning.

Watch out if you use these spaces as the exit road view is very restricted !

Slightly off topic, but is the Summerland site sold ?

Edited by LightBulb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Slightly offf topic, but is the Summerland site sold ?

Don’t think so. Currently being used as the works compound for the prom work. 

Storage of material and equipment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kevster said:

Don’t think so. Currently being used as the works compound for the prom work. 

Storage of material and equipment. 

So could we not have parking there for TT week ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LightBulb said:

So could we not have parking there for TT week ?

There is, or will be, newly laid tarmac with an entrance across the mer protected by traffic lights. No expense spared it would appear. 

If the project is over 2 months behind now as it appears to be, imagine how far behind it will be in 18 months

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

There is, or will be, newly laid tarmac with an entrance across the mer protected by traffic lights. No expense spared it would appear. 

If the project is over 2 months behind now as it appears to be, imagine how far behind it will be in 18 months

So that would be for 2 TT weeks ?

Edited by LightBulb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

So could we not have parking there for TT week ?

No, because it’s the works compound. They’re not going to take it all down for just two weeks. 

 

Although stupider things have happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have constructed a very high quality car park (for only circa 34 cars) in the small remaining space on the Summerland site.  It has a new concrete entrance, electronic warning lights for the tram crossing and has been newly laid with tarmac and marked out  However, the entrance remains gated, but I expect it will open this week in time for TT.

I wonder where the Fairground accommodation caravans are going this year ? !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...