Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

Is that Laurence Skelly asking? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Does anyone know when TT is this year please?

Guy Martin sacked it off, so maybe on next year.

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is that Laurence Skelly asking? :lol:

It has to be, I understand his side kick who is actually responsible for the TT is off in the run up to the TT. The date it starts upon seems to be a matter of confusion across the board. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It has to be, I understand his side kick who is actually responsible for the TT is off in the run up to the TT. The date it starts upon seems to be a matter of confusion across the board. 

Rob Callister and Martyn Perkins have gone on a CPA jolly to Guernsey. Apparently one of the topics to be discussed is Fake News. Quite appropriate really considering the shite that our Politicos talk on the whole. 

Still TT starts next Saturday night (25th May 2019) subject to enough Marshall’s being available.

Edited by 2112

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister and Martyn Perkins have gone on a CPA jolly to Guernsey. Apparently one of the topics to be discussed is Fake News. Quite appropriate really considering the shite that our Politicos talk on the whole. 

Still TT starts next Saturday night (25th May 2019) subject to enough Marshall’s being available.

Good point on the marshalls. Nothing happens without them. A whole conference on fake news involving Mr R Callister? Really? That has surely has to have been made up news? 

Edited by MrPB
Typo
  • Like 1

Would that Fake News debate encompass "restated" Tourism Figures I wonder?

Or previously "Balanced Budgets"?

• Haha 2

Love the phrase ‘fake news’ when in relation to government. It basically means how do we stop news getting out that we would rather have kept under the carpet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Love the phrase ‘fake news’ when in relation to government. It basically means how do we stop news getting out that we would rather have kept under the carpet.

And basically utter falsehoods emitted by government before the bad news does indeed out. How many times do we see it, not least of all on these boards?

Think of what the Govt press releases put out. Then shortly afterwards invariably followed by the actualité on huge overspends, total cock ups on contractual arrangements, management failings and resignations and general complete f@ck ups. Every time. It's like they never learn that the truth will out.

Worst of all, we actually vote these people in and allow them to employ their entourage of professional liars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Does anyone know when TT is this year please?

I am more interested in when it will end TBH

• Like 1

Everest. 

Memorial Lap

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Everest. 

Memorial Lap

Justgiving / gofundme...

'The fallen'...

'They know the risks'

'He wouldn't have wanted his death to stop anyone else...'

edit to add...

'ran out of talent'

Edited by CharlieBrown
  • Haha 2

On the eve of the TT, word gets to me that Manx Radio TT commentary legend and all round TT impresario Jo Pack has landed in a bit of hot water. I believe she has done a “Danny Baker”. 

I don’t want my TT to be distracted by this dreadful sideshow. 

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob is already the grand mufti of fake news.