Jump to content

TT 2019 - Megathread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that Laurence Skelly asking? 

I believe that after the success of the horse tram 2019 launch the DoI is taking over TT2020 and running races only from the Grandstand to the bottom of Bray Hill and back again. Lap records will be b

Given the years they pussyfooted around Manx Gas rip offs, with carpet slippers on. But a shop selling T shirts and it's on with the jackboots. This Island is administered by complete noshers.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It has to be, I understand his side kick who is actually responsible for the TT is off in the run up to the TT. The date it starts upon seems to be a matter of confusion across the board. 

Rob Callister and Martyn Perkins have gone on a CPA jolly to Guernsey. Apparently one of the topics to be discussed is Fake News. Quite appropriate really considering the shite that our Politicos talk on the whole. 

Still TT starts next Saturday night (25th May 2019) subject to enough Marshall’s being available.

Edited by 2112
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would that Fake News debate encompass "restated" Tourism Figures I wonder?

Or previously "Balanced Budgets"?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the phrase ‘fake news’ when in relation to government. It basically means how do we stop news getting out that we would rather have kept under the carpet.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Love the phrase ‘fake news’ when in relation to government. It basically means how do we stop news getting out that we would rather have kept under the carpet.

And basically utter falsehoods emitted by government before the bad news does indeed out. How many times do we see it, not least of all on these boards?

Think of what the Govt press releases put out. Then shortly afterwards invariably followed by the actualité on huge overspends, total cock ups on contractual arrangements, management failings and resignations and general complete f@ck ups. Every time. It's like they never learn that the truth will out.

Worst of all, we actually vote these people in and allow them to employ their entourage of professional liars.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Everest. 

Memorial Lap

 

Justgiving / gofundme...

'The fallen'...

'They know the risks'

'He wouldn't have wanted his death to stop anyone else...'

edit to add...

'ran out of talent'

Edited by CharlieBrown
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the eve of the TT, word gets to me that Manx Radio TT commentary legend and all round TT impresario Jo Pack has landed in a bit of hot water. I believe she has done a “Danny Baker”. 

I don’t want my TT to be distracted by this dreadful sideshow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister and Martyn Perkins have gone on a CPA jolly to Guernsey. Apparently one of the topics to be discussed is Fake News. Quite appropriate really considering the shite that our Politicos talk on the whole. 

Still TT starts next Saturday night (25th May 2019) subject to enough Marshall’s being available.

Rob is already the grand mufti of fake news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gizo said:

On the eve of the TT, word gets to me that Manx Radio TT commentary legend and all round TT impresario Jo Pack has landed in a bit of hot water. I believe she has done a “Danny Baker”. 

I don’t want my TT to be distracted by this dreadful sideshow. 

Indeed - she posted a Twitter pic of the Queen with a dark skinned child with red hair and a crown and some laughing emoji's and got called out for it - including by Neil Hodgson (whom by nature of his job has many followers and therefore visible to thousands) she tried to defend herself and essentially looked like a bigoted self obsessed arsehole - which is pretty accurate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Indeed - she posted a Twitter pic of the Queen with a dark skinned child with red hair and a crown and some laughing emoji's and got called out for it - including by Neil Hodgson (whom by nature of his job has many followers and therefore visible to thousands) she tried to defend herself and essentially looked like a bigoted self obsessed arsehole - which is pretty accurate.

Is she even on twitter now, it looks like her account is closed down, shame really i liked hearing about her, she comes across very well especially at TT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...