Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

10 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Some old german bloke has photographed and posted the contents of this years £18 programme all over facebook thus infringing TT copyright and ensuring less sales and so less money for safety, get on it Rob...

Hang on a minute Rob MHK is far to busy sending cease and desist orders to these f**king W***ers who are taking the piss. Look at them, destroying the Isle of Man's reputation and brand. F**k you Looneys.

2yjr33b.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Serious lack of talent on the “track” tonight

E2C35A0A-FE03-4CED-9F80-EDBAEE4CD0FB.png

No. Fairly normal. A few offs with only minor (if any) injuries 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Hang on a minute Rob MHK is far to busy sending cease and desist orders to these f**king W***ers who are taking the piss. Look at them, destroying the Isle of Man's reputation and brand. F**k you Looneys.

2yjr33b.jpg

They seem to have taken the whole thing well .. the loony’s of Douglas have obviously beaten the Looney’s of Ramsey. 

Use of the two T’s isn’t enforcable I’d wager either so I’d probably be telling them to get stuffed. Give the shirts out for free to anyone walking round the grandstand just to piss them off. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They seem to have taken the whole thing well .. the loony’s of Douglas have obviously beaten the Loony’s of Ramsey. 

Use of the two T’s isn’t enforcable I’d wager either so I’d probably be telling them to get stuffed. Give the shirts out for free to anyone walking round the grandstand just to piss them off. 

Those aren’t ‘T’’s. - they are windfarm generators.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gizo said:

The “keep calm....” message used by the plod is wank. That phrase is so 2010 that no one notices it or even makes an impact anymore. 

Time for another rethink. I suggest they go more towards the fag packet marketing, blood guts death, brains splattered across Guthrie’s would be an indelible image. 

I understand it was dreamed up in a bit of a rush for 2018,and they usually try and get 2 years out of a strapline.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, finlo said:

They don't have to stay in Douglas!

Ramsey Park kept 40 drivers with ten million quids worth of cars very happy last weekend.

Porsche Club GB stayed at Mount Murray the one before. It’s got a way to go but is getting there 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Ramsey Park kept 40 drivers with ten million quids worth of cars very happy last weekend.

Porsche Club GB stayed at Mount Murray the one before. It’s got a way to go but is getting there 

I did point this out to Max!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Those aren’t ‘T’’s. - they are windfarm generators.

I honestly can’t see it’s enforceable anyway. It’s a bit like the Bushy’s TT furore a few years back. They don’t own use of the letters TT, they have the copyright to their own TT logo which is a very specific graphic / logo which is trademarked; which is something quite different. Amazing the storm troopers have been sent in again on a small local business getting into the TT spirit. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I understand it was dreamed up in a bit of a rush for 2018,and they usually try and get 2 years out of a strapline.

Jeez, not as if they knew it was on and could have done something relevant. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

I honestly can’t see it’s enforceable. It’s a bit like the Bushy’s TT furore a few years back. They don’t own use of the letters TT, they have the copyright to their own TT logo which is a very specific graphic / logo which is trademarked; which is something quite different. 

Yes, yes but at least some civil servant got to flash his badge and feel really important. A little pump of the fist as he grabs his soya milk latte from Ramsey Costa, another £75 clawed back yeeeess! Go IOM.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Yes, yes but at least some civil servant got to flash his badge and feel really important. A little pump of the fist as he grabs his soya milk latte from Ramsey Costa, another £75 clawed back yeeeess! Go IOM.

I’m amazed people cave in so easily. There’s nothing wrong with what they’ve done technically. Let them engage lawyers (at their cost) if they think their TT trademark has been breached to stop them. In the meantime I’d be handing them out free on race days at the grandstand and hoping they get picked up on all the ITV footage. 

• Like 2

They should just use a white laundry marker pen to write, in tiny letters on each shirt, ynwald ossers after each “T”.

• Haha 2

Given the years they pussyfooted around Manx Gas rip offs, with carpet slippers on. But a shop selling T shirts and it's on with the jackboots.

This Island is administered by complete noshers.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Given the years they pussyfooted around Manx Gas rip offs, with carpet slippers on. But a shop selling T shirts and it's on with the jackboots.

This Island is administered by complete noshers.

Rob Callister in jackboots? Someone's fantasy I suppose!

• Haha 1

Can you be done by Trading Standards if you're giving them away free of charge but saying you'll accept donations?

• Sad 2