Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

I see HRH The Chief Minister has been effusive with his praise of TT Marshall’s. Unfortunately I’m a cynical kind of person, and I’m wondering what his motive is. He never usually praises on section of society, in fact I would argue he takes people for granted.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-minister-thanks-tt-organisers-in-frustrating-week/

Also at the same time the Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson has thanked the Marshall’s for their work. Like HRH, the CoC wasn’t exactly fullsome with his praise last year or year before. Willl there be enough Marshall’s to cover the remainder of the event or are the Marshall’s voting with their feet?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/clerk-of-the-course-thanks-marshals/

Posted (edited)

It’s been quiet for action on the ‘track’ this week however it’s really hotting up off the ‘track’

Two male Austrians, 54yo and 56yo arrested for contravening the one way on the mountain, one car also having an attempt at it. 

One axe man at Laurel Bank.

Woman crossing closed roads

Edited by Gizo
  • Like 1

One axe man at Laurel Bank. !!!

Wow! I'd turn around and go the wrong way if I saw him!!!

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

One axe man at Laurel Bank. !!!

Wow! I'd turn around and go the wrong way if I saw him!!!

Here's Johnny!

• Like 1

..mad Sunday, every year, fecking busy.. don’t run a Sunday service on the buses.  

• Like 1

2019, when a German can write about a Czech rider competing in the Isle of Man for a website in the Philippines. Anything to promote the event and the island :)

https://visor.ph/culture/why-the-isle-of-man-tt-race-should-be-on-your-bucket-list/

and no, I'm not making money out of this. It costs me way more than it brings in, but I guess that's what hobbies do.

• Like 2

And you are providing brilliant up-to-date coverage over on that there Facebook Amadeus. Excellent stuff indeed.

• Like 1

If the overtopping is severe enough on Douglas prom tonight perhaps someone could organise the first ever TT jetski sprint from the sea terminal to Summerland:sorcerer:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hagar the horrible said:

If the overtopping is severe enough on Douglas prom tonight perhaps someone could organise the first ever TT jetski sprint from the sea terminal to Summerland:sorcerer:

They scrapped the music night in Ramsey last night on H+S grounds of the overtopping warning. Despite only Laxey, Douglas and South being warned in the warning itself.

That's a fantastic piece you've put together there Amadeus. IOM Government should snap you up immediately for their T.T. promo. That'll never happen though - you've obviously got too much ability and knowledge and too little bullshit.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They scrapped the music night in Ramsey last night on H+S grounds of the overtopping warning. Despite only Laxey, Douglas and South being warned in the warning itself.

Not sure it was because of 'overtopping' - the wind was pretty strong up there to be fair.  We played anyway in the packed out pub.

What's the most someone's paid for a drink and a burger or even the cheapest?

Bacon cheese burger in Bushys last night - £7

Bottle of Pepsi - £2

Burger wasn't great nor was it particularly big, 5/10 over all.

£3 per pint of Bushy's and £4 for a warm can of bud light on Saturday...