Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It isn't sad at all. Its his own stupid fault. 100% avoidable.

We are constantly told 'he died doing what he loved' or similar bullshit platitudes. You can shove it all up your fucking exhausts 

Idiot. it’s still a damn bloody sad time for a lot of people, his friends and family. Have a bit of empathy and respect. And if you can’t, then shut your fucking mouth at this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

There can't be many other sporting events in the world where they clear away the wreckage/bodies/injured, sweep up the road and soak up the oil, then crack on with the next race withing an hour or so?

Indeed they had the 'winners' paraded up on the podium while the scene was still being cleared.

All very sickening and bizarre. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

There can't be many other sporting events in the world where they clear away the wreckage/bodies/injured, sweep up the road and soak up the oil, then crack on with the next race withing an hour or so?

Indeed they had the 'winners' paraded up on the podium while the scene was still being cleared.

All very sickening and bizarre. 

It is a bit below par if you ask me. Distasteful. 

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

No need for that comment, no need at all.

Every need

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Can't be too serious, the boys are cracking on...

Never underestimate the ability of the TT organisers/surviving competitors to carry on regardless. He knew the risks etc...

• Like 2

What about the climbers, nearly twenty now, in the last couple of weeks who have perished and the queue walking on and photographing the dead bodies by the wayside.    There are plenty of other sports that carry on regardless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

What about the climbers, nearly twenty now, in the last couple of weeks who have perished and the queue walking on and photographing the dead bodies by the wayside.    There are plenty of other sports that carry on regardless.

Does the nepali government offer prize money to climb Everest? 

• Like 3

Every time this happens we have the same discussion with the same arguments for and against being brought out. Ultimately I think it is down to the riders and the road racing family to decide what they want to do and how they handle things. Even after almost twenty years of following the TT in various ways, I'm nowhere closer to understanding how they can do this, but then I don't have the mind of an extreme sports athlete. I do respect what they do and will always support them in doing it. If anything, I wish there was better support if something happens, but I still believe that the world needs an event like the TT, now more than ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

doesn't make it right in either case!

• Thanks 1

La Colombe*. Are you there?

*Keyboarder/Pierrot/The Sick Moon/MTP

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Does the nepali government offer prize money to climb Everest? 

Don't they sell/issue licences to do so?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Don't they sell/issue licences to do so?

Yep. Permits/licences. Most ever sold this year, hence the queues for the summit, with people waiting and running out of oxygen etc.

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Every time this happens we have the same discussion with the same arguments for and against being brought out. Ultimately I think it is down to the riders and the road racing family to decide what they want to do and how they handle things. Even after almost twenty years of following the TT in various ways, I'm nowhere closer to understanding how they can do this, but then I don't have the mind of an extreme sports athlete. I do respect what they do and will always support them in doing it. If anything, I wish there was better support if something happens, but I still believe that the world needs an event like the TT, now more than ever.

Yes. It's tough, but if you believe in freedom of choice and action, you can't live other people's lives for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

individuals have some rights of choice but Govts have to act responsibly. Which is why we have seatbelts, speed limits and many motoring laws without going into all the other actions that Govts take in our best interests that are not, perhaps, as we would like.

• Like 2

On 19 May 2019 at 5:07 PM, Gizo said:

She isn’t a radio presenter any more. She left or was pushed a while back. 

She is however a self promoter of epic proportions

I see the racist self indulgent and incessant self promoter Jo Pack has managed to turn today's fatality into "look at me aren't I wonderful"  Facebook plea - strangely not surprised.

Struggling to uncurl my toes..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1