Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Thie Veg said:

image.thumb.png.aef949f90b76c7baaff107c03ed7b270.pngThis is absolutely unbelievable. From PH's Facebook page.

Is Peter Hickman a competitor in the races?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Declan said:

Is Peter Hickman a competitor in the races?

You can't be that stupid...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Declan said:

Is Peter Hickman a competitor in the races?

Didn’t he win the super bike race yesterday?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You can't be that stupid...

No, but I can be that ignorant. Been off island, don't follow the races anyway, so don't know the personalities. That exchange is bad if it's banter between randoms on a forum BUT it's much worse if it's a random contacting a competitor who's about to risk his life. Hence the need to clarify the context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Declan said:

No, but I can be that ignorant. Been off island, don't follow the races anyway, so don't know the personalities. That exchange is bad if it's banter between randoms on a forum BUT it's much worse if it's a random contacting a competitor who's about to risk his life. Hence the need to clarify the context.

apologies. He broke the outright lap record last year.

You couldn't meet a nicer person so why that idiot decided to contact him with that kind of abuse is staggering

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Didn’t he win the super bike race yesterday?

He did, which is what appears to have sparked that idiot into sending that kind of message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The downside of social media is that it enables any lunatic to broadcast his opinions to any idiot who will listen. Pre internet we'd have never heard the likes of that as someone would have put him right before he got two words out! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Is Peter Hickman a competitor in the races?

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

You can't be that stupid...

 

Some people seem to take genuine pride in being completely out of touch with what's going on in the world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, On The Bus said:

You're missing the point, chum. Everest has fuck all to do with the TT. Everest doesn't need road closures

Nail on the head. The goal of the anti TT brigade has nothing to do with safety - the only thing that would make them happy is no road closures and no queues in Tesco.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond belief, disgusting comments .

Peter Hickman is a brilliant motorcycle racer whether that’s on roads or short circuits, a gentleman and a nice all round guy just doing what he loves. No rider or anybody in fact should have to put up with vile posts like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Beyond belief, disgusting comments .

Peter Hickman is a brilliant motorcycle racer whether that’s on roads or short circuits, a gentleman and a nice all round guy just doing what he loves. No rider or anybody in fact should have to put up with vile posts like that.

There are plenty on this very forum who can barely contain their glee when a rider is injured or worse during a race as they see it as one step towards no more road closures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bloodycomeover said:

There are plenty on this very forum who can barely contain their glee when a rider is injured or worse during a race as they see it as one step towards no more road closures.

People are sick of the Government sponsored event causing unnecessary death and life changing injuries. 

If you want to go and do it fine, just don't expect taxpayers to pay for it and organise it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bloodycomeover said:

Nail on the head. The goal of the anti TT brigade has nothing to do with safety - the only thing that would make them happy is no road closures and no queues in Tesco.

You seem to struggle with anything more than basic concepts. People are simply tired of the needless deaths  being sponsored by their tax money.  If it's such a financial success why does it need our money to support it? 

No road closures, no queues and no sweaty/smelly bikers clogging up the Island would just be a bonus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thie Veg said:

image.thumb.png.aef949f90b76c7baaff107c03ed7b270.pngThis is absolutely unbelievable. From PH's Facebook page.

These people aren’t fans. That’s just disgusting. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, On The Bus said:

 

No road closures, no queues and no sweaty/smelly bikers clogging up the Island would just be a bonus. 

 

I suspect the bikers are far more polite, fragrant and personable than you  ( I ride a motorcycle buy groceries  and  wash :D)

Visitors to this island do contribute to the economy what do you contribute  to anything ,other than a misguided sense of entitlement?

:flowers:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...