Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

This is the response from the idiot  (wishing PH bad luck) poster's boss.

Reply.JPG.5b3a86aff0e9675b31e705212974b3ba.JPG

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

His is the response from the idiot  (wishing PH bad luck) poster's boss.

Reply.JPG.5b3a86aff0e9675b31e705212974b3ba.JPG

Perfect 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bloodycomeover said:

Sensationalist "news" organisation prints sensationalist headline. Better ban everything now, guys :rolleyes: 

Factual journalists printing facts.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Factual journalists printing facts.....

sad, but true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paswt said:

I suspect the bikers are far more polite, fragrant and personable than you  ( I ride a motorcycle buy groceries  and  wash :D)

Visitors to this island do contribute to the economy what do you contribute  to anything ,other than a misguided sense of entitlement?

:flowers:

Among other things, an ability to call out the TT lovers bullshit. And you? 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Well, one poster's got a misguided sense of something!

The TT Course is in the Guiness Book of Records as the deadliest racing course in the world. It's a fact.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

The TT Course is in the Guiness Book of Records as the deadliest racing course in the world. It's a fact.

And your point is?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

And your point is?

Read back a bit Max :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Read back a bit Max :thumbsup:

It's the same arguments every TT thread Dilli, I just resign myself to respecting everyone's point of view who doesn't resort to silly tittle tattle.

• Like 5

I know I'm regarded as a TT 'fan' but this is why I believe that those who have a young family should not be road racing!

With an 8 day old Daisy, we drove onto the ferry in 2016 and headed out to the Isle of Man. Having had a c-section, I must have been mad but I couldn’t not support my husband with his racing - we were a racing family after all.

Fast forward to 2019 and although this started as always, with blood, sweat and tears to find sponsorship and a ride, everything was turning out to be his best year to date. Everything was lining up perfectly and having experienced false promises with racing early last year, Daley was once again finding his racing smile and confidence - having had this broken in 2018. He once again loved the sport, although still carrying a huge financial burden from a broken 2018 but we knew we had to keep going.

Daley hoped that 2019 would make the world sit up and notice him. Putting him in the position for a free ride for 2020. That hopefully this was the last year of finding sponsors and using our savings to go racing. Me and Daisy believed in him. He was our hero and we would have done anything to get him racing. TT 2018 was actually paid for all on my credit card and the team was pulled together in 2 weeks - they did unbelievably well considering.

No one sees what goes on behind the scenes - trust me, there were a lot of tears to get him to a seeded rider position but the look on his face - he was so unbelievably proud. Priceless.

Daley was born to entertain. He always had a cheeky smile on his face but he was also very talented not only in riding but also technically he could build a bike and knew the ins and outs. For many years having to build and ride his own bikes. But 2019 was meant to be different. Turns out it certainly was but in a way we never ever expected.

We all know how wrong it can go but he would never wish to stop. He lost many a friend and witnessed stuff no one ever should on a track. How he ever got back on a bike I’ll never know. But it was his life and his passion. He wanted to be liked and he wanted to entertain. And he wanted to make a better life for me and for Daisy. We know he gave it 100% and we were with him every single step of the way.

The highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

Daley falling asleep was a standard joke in our house. Unfortunately now, this is one sleep he won’t wake from. Our own sleeping beauty.

Love you to the moon and back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MrPB said:

How has that poster expressed a misguided sense of entitlement? 

By posting that roads should not be closed if he wants to use them and he should not have to queue with other folk:flowers:

15 hours ago, On The Bus said:

No road closures, no queues and no sweaty/smelly bikers clogging up the Island would just be a bonus. 

41 minutes ago, paswt said:

By posting that roads should not be closed if he wants to use them and he should not have to queue with other folk:flowers:

No, I said it would be a bonus. I'm not particularly bothered about road closures, the shops being busy. 

What I am bothered about is tax money being used to sponsor the death carnival. 

• Thanks 1