Jump to content

TT 2019 - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Racing is racing, and as long as it is as safe as it can be made, then the risks are what they are. It’s bloody sad when one of the riders buys the farm.

This poor young widow clearly knew those risks too. She doesn’t seem to have been blinkered to them, and will have known what she was getting into when she started to date a motorbike racer. It was what made the man that she loved what he was.

its the event- associated carnage on the open public road that remains my bugbear. 

40mph limit on the Mountain for the two weeks and make it two way again. 

They're supposed to be coming to watch the racers race. Not act like wannabe dickheads who then need the road every 2 minutes while their bikes are picked up. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

June and snowflakes......who would have thought it,. some people should get out more and leave others to do what floats their boat.    You have one life it is a personal choice with what you do or don't do.   Tomorrow may never come for a lot of people who have never heard of the T.T. races let alone take part living is dangerous, it is a dangerous world always has been, always will be.

 

Snowflakes? Says an apologist for a sport where they won't go out in the rain? 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, bloodycomeover said:

Or fly a light aircraft, or go mountaineering, or scuba diving, or skiing...

 

Maybe we should ban people with kids from doing anything for 18 years of their lives.

 

Only joking - none of the anti brigade care about people who die doing those events because they don't involve road closures for a few days in the year.

Now you’re getting a bit silly. 

I’ve raced in the TT and MGP, I’ve seen what happens and it’s not nice. There are dangerous pursuits and there are dangerous sports. Scuba and flying light aircraft are not competitive sports where you are pushing the limits. I can accept the accidents at the TT etc if the only casualty is yourself. I had a massive one and would ride again tomorrow if I could but I don’t have young children who you won’t be there for at Christmas and other important times.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Now you’re getting a bit silly. 

I’ve raced in the TT and MGP, I’ve seen what happens and it’s not nice. There are dangerous pursuits and there are dangerous sports. Scuba and flying light aircraft are not competitive sports where you are pushing the limits. I can accept the accidents at the TT etc if the only casualty is yourself. I had a massive one and would ride again tomorrow if I could but I don’t have young children who you won’t be there for at Christmas and other important times.

Not enough posters know who you are or what you have done for the sport.

Your opinion is to be respected as I know that you have been there , done that etc etc.

If these people had seen what you have and gone through the crap you have had to for wanting to help the sport, they may rethink their polarized views

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bloodycomeover said:

Or fly a light aircraft, or go mountaineering, or scuba diving, or skiing...

 

Maybe we should ban people with kids from doing anything for 18 years of their lives.

 

Only joking - none of the anti brigade care about people who die doing those events because they don't involve road closures for a few days in the year.

Maybe we should ban being an angry keyboard warrior? It can't be doing your blood pressure any good, can it?

You already seem delusional so it can only get worse! 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Thanks Dilli but people are entitled to their views I guess. It would help if some of them thought it through before posting.

I assume I'm being nosey, but who are you? If you're a former TTer who had a big one, Milky? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

I assume I'm being nosey, but who are you? If you're a former TTer who had a big one, Milky? 

Wrong, sorry :flowers:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...