Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

He’s too busy posting all over FB just how important he is to Isle of Man motorsport

Yes, saw his fawning over the Marshalls 

They should be given a big thank you, but he was a bit ott I thought.

Also loved his “ I am the person with responsibilities for motorsport”. Always the big “I am”

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Surly the Met Office couldn't hold a candle to lightbulb's forecasts!

Even if they could lightbulbs are better than candles. 

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yes, saw his fawning over the Marshalls 

They should be given a big thank you, but he was a bit ott I thought.

Also loved his “ I am the person with responsibilities for motorsport”. Always the big “I am”

I understand that the Marshals won the Spirit of the TT award. Do each of the Marshall’s get anything? A medal presented by the Hon Member for Onchan?

You know what would be nice if the Motorsports Team actually took over Villa Marina and created a banquet and decent live entertainment for the Motorsports Marshals. This could come out of the Motorsports/Starship Enterprise budget. Really, having a person like RC thank me would leave a bad taste in the mouth. On this island we have a knack of taking those who genuinely put something back into their leisure activity, for granted, whilst those civil servants in the Motorsports Team along with their Politico ‘great leader’ struts the islands stage pretending their something important.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Even if they could lightbulbs are better than candles. 

Could they lightbulb, I'm not sure.

And also, “First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.”

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

He is ultimately responsible for the shit TT we just had, which was only saved by the incredible strength of the Bushy's TT brand.

21 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Could they lightbulb, I'm not sure.

And also, “First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.”

Yer mad bugger Bobbie :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I understand that the Marshals won the Spirit of the TT award. Do each of the Marshall’s get anything? A medal presented by the Hon Member for Onchan?

You know what would be nice if the Motorsports Team actually took over Villa Marina and created a banquet and decent live entertainment for the Motorsports Marshals. This could come out of the Motorsports/Starship Enterprise budget. Really, having a person like RC thank me would leave a bad taste in the mouth. On this island we have a knack of taking those who genuinely put something back into their leisure activity, for granted, whilst those civil servants in the Motorsports Team along with their Politico ‘great leader’ struts the islands stage pretending their something important.

One of the marshals on here should/will be in a better position to say, but I'm pretty sure there is a bit of a bash put on for all the marshals

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

What happend to all this rain we were supposed to get, be flooded out by 12 noon, but not a spot of rain at 4.30pm, they could have run the 4 lap sidecar event, so what went wrong ?

You appear to have an amusing but childishly naive faith in weather forecasting, the necromancy of the 21st century. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 2112 said:

" would be nice" if Marshals were offered a free ticket to the TT press launch at the Villa ,personally I would decline the offer but the gesture would be nice .

"medal presented by the Hon Member for Onchan" ........ now you are having a laugh.:D 

:flowers: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paswt said:

" would be nice" if Marshals were offered a free ticket to the TT press launch at the Villa ,personally I would decline the offer but the gesture would be nice .

"medal presented by the Hon Member for Onchan" ........ now you are having a laugh.:D 

:flowers: 

Perhaps Tynpotwalders could show their appreciation and set aside a token amount towards something for the Marshals. 

Tynpotwalders have a banquet on July 5, I believe they have to pay. There is also a Tynpotwald Garden Party - a great strain on the budget and hardly the best use of resources. 

A real sign of appreciation would be a specially commissioned watch by Bremont. Has anyone seen the new TT watch? £5000+, the TT winners get a specially designed watch in addition to prize money. 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Really, having a person like RC thank me would leave a bad taste in the mouth. On this island we have a knack of taking those who genuinely put something back into their leisure activity, for granted, whilst those civil servants in the Motorsports Team along with their Politico ‘great leader’ struts the islands stage pretending their something important.

I think they each get awarded the “Callister Cross” for bravery in a ceremony on level 6 of Chester Street tomorrow where they all have to line up and then kneel while Callister pins the medal to their lapel. It will be very moving I’m told. 

Is that the TT finished for another year now or is there another race still to go because of the weather?

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 19.12.21.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that's it for another year.

Crap weather this year but some good racing overall. Only 351 days to go till TT 2020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well that's it for another year.

Crap weather this year but some good racing overall. Only 351 days to go till TT 2020

Not 365 minus 14. Leap year next year, and TT is later.

yours, Statto

Posted (edited)

Just waiting out now for the official DfE stats showing that it's been a record breaking year in all areas. Skelly and RC will be trumpeting increased TT visitor numbers, Steamie overwhelmed by bikes and vehicles carried, sales and licence revenues all up from last year and 2020 bookings already full and exceeding this year's. And yet another tier of DfE employment needing to be created to cope with it all.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2