Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

Any one else hear about dave molly getting a 3 month ban of acu for verbal abuse of the staff in the race office after sidecar TT , something to do with taking a dog up on grandstand when race was on  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben dover said:

Any one else hear about dave molly getting a 3 month ban of acu for verbal abuse of the staff in the race office after sidecar TT , something to do with taking a dog up on grandstand when race was on  

I heard that he had been given a ban but wasn't party to why? He isn't known for his sweet personality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben dover said:

Usually he knocks shit out of women, least he’s toned that down. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

Usually he knocks shit out of women, least he’s toned that down. 

Should be sponsored by Stella Artois perhaps?

13 hours ago, Max Power said:

I heard that he had been given a ban but wasn't party to why? He isn't known for his sweet personality.

He'd had a "passenger malfunction" during the race as well apparently and wasn't in the best frame of mind over that either, by all accounts?

On 6/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, bloodycomeover said:

At what point would you make it illegal?

10 minutes before a race?

5 minutes?

30 seconds?

Only after a car/bike has had to swerve or emergency stop?

About 10 mins before the start is fine. Emotions can't change the laws of physics relating to space/time. I haven't researched the other laws.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

About 10 mins before the start is fine. Emotions can't change the laws of physics relating to space/time. I haven't researched the other laws.

Once the roads are closed there are Travelling Marshal, Marshal response cars, course inspection cars moving in all sectors. If you allow free movement you can almost guarantee that lots of people will take advantage and someone will end up being mown down, leading to delays.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Max Power said:

someone will end up being mown down, leading to delays.  

yeah sod human life, nothing worse than delays to the race programme.

3 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

yeah sod human life, nothing worse than delays to the race programme.

I made that comment quite deliberately to see who would pick up on it first. Of course it's the life which is most important but even a minor incident causes delays. These knock on to everyone, even those not interested in the racing.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, Declan said:

I wasn’t running a book, I was extrapolating the risk from the figure wrighty supplied. 

As you’ve been told before I don’t work for an online gambling firm. In fact, I’ve never placed an online bet. 

Well from what I can remember you once posted that you had a job with an online gambling firm.Your knowledge of betting and odds would certainly confirm that you are indeed clueless but that has never held anyone back in that industry on the Island.More clowns working in that sector than have worked for Billy Smarts Circus since.....A Billy Smart startup...

Just now, SJR said:

Well from what I can remember you once posted that you had a job with an online gambling firm.Your knowledge of betting and odds would certainly confirm that you are indeed clueless but that has never held anyone back in that industry on the Island.More clowns working in that sector than have worked for Billy Smarts Circus since.....A Billy Smart startup...

Sometimes I am a bit late to the debate..It probably is because I am not claiming benefits and often have better things to do..

51 minutes ago, SJR said:

I have never worked for an online or any other betting company. I consider it utterly immoral.  

You have made this libellous allegation many times before and I have corrected you many times. 

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

I have never worked for an online or any other betting company. I consider it utterly immoral.  

You have made this libellous allegation many times before and I have corrected you many times.Declan I am clueless 

Declan I am unsure who you are in the grand scheme of things and I must admit that I have not been on this forum for a while but I can remember you posting that you had a job in with an an alleged gambling company..You boasted about it on here .You have even talked about odds when you could not call the toss of a coin.Take care fella.

7 minutes ago, SJR said:

Declan I am unsure who you are in the grand scheme of things and I must admit that I have not been on this forum for a while but I can remember you posting that you had a job in with an an alleged gambling company..You boasted about it on here .You have even talked about odds when you could not call the toss of a coin.Take care fella.

I think you ballsed up your quote there 

I would believe Declan any day. If he says he does not work for such an outfit, then he doesn’t 

I would not believe a single thing you say

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SJR said:

With an accusation like that, I hope you have something other than your addled brain to back it up.