Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

Bet Watling Streetworks are laughing though....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Bet Watling Streetworks are laughing though....

Growth area.............. traffic lights and street signage.

This is piss poor, the original road works were screwed up and had to be redone over 2 full weekends, at great inconvenience to residents and road users. It’s obvious that the ACU, Riders and Marshalls have said it needs rectifying urgently. My main concern and I’m afraid HRH The Chief Minister, Skelly and the Starship Enterprise  and Rob Callister, should be concerned if there are any accidents in the vicinity, involving injuries or fatalities. This could see off motorcycle road  racing once and for all

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Growth area.............. traffic lights and street signage.

This is piss poor, the original road works were screwed up and had to be redone over 2 full weekends, at great inconvenience to residents and road users. It’s obvious that the ACU, Riders and Marshalls have said it needs rectifying urgently. My main concern and I’m afraid HRH The Chief Minister, Skelly and the Starship Enterprise  and Rob Callister, should be concerned if there are any accidents in the vicinity, involving injuries or fatalities. This could see off motorcycle road  racing once and for all

The big job over two weekends was to lay massive pipes under the road to service the new development being built there. Maybe some compacting and needs leveling again

Don’t think it is anything other than that.

Pretty sure I will be more than 60% correct too. :)

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The big job over two weekends was to lay massive pipes under the road to service the new development being built there. Maybe some compacting and needs leveling again

Don’t think it is anything other than that.

Pretty sure I will be more than 60% correct too. :)

How urgent can it be if racing was allowed to go ahead on it today?

1 hour ago, gidderwook said:

How urgent can it be if racing was allowed to go ahead on it today?

This has got me puzzled somewhat.

Emergency, work  in consultation with FOM organisers. 

Whatever anyone else says, that area has had lots of work done, but the work hasn’t been done right first time, otherwise emergency works by Incompetence wouldn’t be carried out between 6.30-10.30. Unfortunately nobody is prepared to take responsibility. Still DOI staff are on a nice little bonus and overtime and whatever they have been promised to get their political masters out of an embarrassing situation,.

• Like 1

Incredible how few spectators were out today to watch the MGP races. Quite a few visitors out and about on their bikes, but not watching. It all seems a bit pointless really.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, joebean said:

Incredible how few spectators were out today to watch the MGP races. Quite a few visitors out and about on their bikes, but not watching. It all seems a bit pointless really.

I noticed the same!

Anyone else notice how oblivious these bikers are to other traffic whether on their bikes or not?

It's something I picked up on in TT week they just wander around aimlessly and seem genuinely shocked when they encounter other traffic on said roads!

Edited by finlo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Get it back to the MGP

Unfortunately the golden goose will be milked until it implodes, won't it Paul!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Get it back to the MGP

Wouldn't that smell like a climbdown? 

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Wouldn't that smell like a climbdown? 

Would anyone care. The FOM has gone too far from the real MGP and will pay the price.

Is anyone fooled by the bullshit ? What does a "classic superbike" consist of ?

This is a poor mans TT and in my view has failed the people who try so hard to get a start on the ladder. The riders who should be feeding the future TTs are not getting much publicity or acclaim, as the top riders are stealing the show again. It will kill the real MGP if left alone.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, joebean said:

Time to end MGP. Hold it in the first week of TT and save everyone the bother. 

MGP has never been that popular anyway. 

Edited by foxdaleliberationfront
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1