Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

10 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

Thanks for posting that picture. One thing we do agree on now I've had the opportunity to actually see it for myself is that it's not the least bit funny.  But I still don't see how it could be considered racist.

If it wasn’t funny then why would you actually bother circulating it to people on Twitter? I’m sure most people can visualize what a black baby with ginger hair looks like. So really what is the point of circulating that picture to hundreds of other people on Twitter other than to be either 1. Funny, or 2. Casually racist. She works in the media and has a clear social media presence or strategy she is pursuing to obtain recognition so why on earth would someone actually circulate an unfunny picture like that? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Generated by the usual suspect picking a tit-for-tat immature childish spat with one of the few posters who tends to rise to the bait.

It's just pathetic.....

It really is odd how you regularly choose to randomly chip in when you appear to have been no part in any of the thread up until the point you chip in at ;)

18 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

Thanks for posting that picture. One thing we do agree on now I've had the opportunity to actually see it for myself is that it's not the least bit funny.  But I still don't see how it could be considered racist.

Humour is so subjective any personal opinions on what constitutes "funny" are completely worthless.

As to the picture being racist there is no prejudice or discrimination involved that I can see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Can we get back to TT 2019 matters please....?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Can we get back to TT 2019 matters please....?

That would be post #3 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GD4XXX said:

it is a visual racist joke, most people who aren't out to find something to be offended about would get that.  it may not be the best choice subject matter in this pathetic day and age but it's still just a joke.    

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, hissingsid said:

She is the irritating woman who prances around the grandstand supposedly commentating on the TT when she knows less than feck all about them .

That's about all of them at Manx Radio up there. Certainly since Geoff Cannell died.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

She is the irritating woman who prances around the grandstand supposedly commentating on the TT when she knows less than feck all about them .

She is a local lass, knows plenty and asks leading questions to let the bikers feel at ease, she adds a much needed vibrancy.

#BringBackPack

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Does your carer not work Sundays ?

Not everyones wife can afford a 24hr care package.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

She is a local lass, knows plenty and asks leading questions to let the bikers feel at ease, she adds a much needed vibrancy.

Well you know,  Kinners and the other guy asks if the bikes go fast, and egg on 'the boys' to use foul language or talk about wanking and that.

Edited by gettafa

Just now, gettafa said:

Well you know,  Kinners and the other guy asks if the bikes go fast and egg on 'the boys' to use foul language or talk about wanking and that.

To be fair they know their audience.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dilligaf said:

So it is all bollocks then

How the fuck is that picture racist?

If it is found to be so, the world as we used to know it is fucked, plain and simple.

What the snowflakes will turn this world into is scary as fuck. 

Did I fall asleep and wake 50 years on. Fuck me this is a sad place.

PS, how the hell did we get here from the TT 2019 theme.

The image is mocking a child for his/her physical appearance; or potential appearance based on the genetic mix of his/her parents.

This includes the fact that the child may have darker skin due to his/her mother's ethnicity.

Mocking someone for their skin colour is racist; it doesn't matter if it's 'just a bit of fun' or 'no harm meant.' Just look at how upset some white folk get when they're called a Gammon; often for expressing outrage that they get called out for being racist.

I strongly suspect you fell asleep and and woke up fifty years ago or at least your attitude to race did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

I strongly suspect you fell asleep and and woke up fifty years ago

Nice turn of phrase!

• Like 1

Well, at least the TT programmes are still £18 this year....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

I strongly suspect you fell asleep and and woke up fifty years ago

Fire up the Quattro!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtAZ6d66nmFJvhAaTBQgE