Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

TT 2019 - Megathread

38 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Thursday of TT is always busy on the ferrys too, it’s due to the fact that the SPCo can’t get people home over the weekend as they have limited capacity compared to the past. 

I agree, I would like to see an accurate passenger survey as I know the MMCC do try to keep people here. Generally marketing to CTT customers would help. Having said all that, there were no marshal shortages for the MGP nor throughout the fortnight worth talking about. That gives an indication that more are staying than previously.

The blinkers are something to behold.

considering they were asking for volunteers all fortnight. Sessions missed. 

No surprise from an ex TT travelling Marshall. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Thursday of TT is always busy on the ferrys too, it’s due to the fact that the SPCo can’t get people home over the weekend as they have limited capacity compared to the past. 

I agree, I would like to see an accurate passenger survey as I know the MMCC do try to keep people here. Generally marketing to CTT customers would help. Having said all that, there were no marshal shortages for the MGP nor throughout the fortnight worth talking about. That gives an indication that more are staying than previously.

Are you sure about that. At one point they were adrift by about 80 marshals. They must have got them in the end or else racing wouldn't have gone ahead. How you can state none worth talking about is a mystery.

13 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The blinkers are something to behold.

considering they were asking for volunteers all fortnight. Sessions missed. 

No surprise from an ex TT travelling Marshall. 

10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Are you sure about that. At one point they were adrift by about 80 marshals. They must have got them in the end or else racing wouldn't have gone ahead. How you can state none worth talking about is a mystery.

There were concerns about shortages early on but once people started arriving they evaporated. The MGP itself had no shortages which they were unable to fill with experienced reserves.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Don’t talk about things you know nothing about. 

Some are still thinking these two weeks are still just the MGP. ( which they should be btw )

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Maybe you could adhere to that motto then, Max?  Although that would mean you wouldn't post anything at all! 

Just a bit off the mark there :o

• Haha 1

Yet more Mickey Mouse shenanigans from the TT/FOM/MGP/Classic TT/Etc. 

I hope all the organisers/marshals/hangers on feel absolutely embarrassed of their events they're a fucking joke compared to another other events lol.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=50633&headline=ACU official stands down in tracker row&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

Still looking forward to the October court case and hearing how a car could just magically appear on a supposedly closed off road.