Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Amadeus

Bodycams

You mean the police are selling 'stuff'? Any idea which one I should approach???

Have they seized any cabin cruisers lately????

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe too many bobbies can't dash around that much.

Doughnut cam 

images (1).jpeg

• Haha 1

These were promised by media Mick Culverhouse years ago to fulfil the promise of being the leading police force in the world.

Totally necessary in my view, in the modern world of policing, albeit the Constabulary do not have to concern themselves with complaints ,the system was condemned in Culverhouses time by Tynwald but still carries on in the same form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Doughnut cam 

images (1).jpeg

is it a doughpro ?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:

It wasn’t that long ago our CC was crying poverty. My how times have changed

This project has been about 4 yrs in th development. 

Best money they have spent in a long time. Massively reduces complaints. Improves public AND officer behavior.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

This project has been about 4 yrs in th development. 

Best money they have spent in a long time. Massively reduces complaints. Improves public AND officer behavior.

Not disputing that at all Derek. My point is that money can be found whenever they want it to be found... :whistling:

14 hours ago, Amadeus said:

TT 2019 will see the roll out of body worn cameras for uniformed Police officers. Initially in Douglas they will become a common sight affixed to officers’ uniforms. The devices are controlled by officers and will give unprecedented evidence gathering capability for a wide range of incidents.
The cameras will display an image on the screen when they are recording, and also show a bright flashing red light.
If you’re interested, our officers will be wearing them on foot patrol during the TT period.

Say Chhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

image.thumb.png.8316bae0ab8a19c06ee8553e5fea763b.png

It can only be a good thing. 

How large are those units? Will I still be able to chat with the lovely officers and try their helmets on etc etc? 

Does this alter the legislation about being able to piss in a coppers helmet if I’m caught short anywhere, as if I’m also being recorded, it would make me publicly indecent? Not to mention it’s a bit voyeuristic? Wonder if they’ll be recording when all those coppers on foot patrol of a night time, go out checking doors and windows, and happen across fornicating couples, like that Parish walk fella....

3 minutes ago, manxst said:

Does this alter the legislation about being able to piss in a coppers helmet if I’m caught short anywhere, as if I’m also being recorded, it would make me publicly indecent? Not to mention it’s a bit voyeuristic? Wonder if they’ll be recording when all those coppers on foot patrol of a night time, go out checking doors and windows, and happen across fornicating couples, like that Parish walk fella....

what colour are the clouds in your world?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

what colour are the clouds in your world?

I jest sir, I jest.

obviously.

• Haha 1