Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Non-Believer

Niki Lauda R.I.P.

Recommended Posts

R4 played an interesting interview with him when he was saying how dangerous F1 used to be, such that you'd expect to lose one or two racers in a season, and how terrible that was.  We're about to enter a fortnight on a small island where we will, on the balance of probabilities, lose 3 or 4.

I flew to Australia on Lauda Air in 1993.  Best food I've ever had on a plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

between 1957 and1961 twenty grand prix drivers were killed many, many more had life changing injuries.  ref:- 'The Limit'.....Michael Cannell.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wrighty said:

R4 played an interesting interview with him when he was saying how dangerous F1 used to be, such that you'd expect to lose one or two racers in a season, and how terrible that was.  We're about to enter a fortnight on a small island where we will, on the balance of probabilities, lose 3 or 4.

I flew to Australia on Lauda Air in 1993.  Best food I've ever had on a plane.

Nobody can ever say that about the TT. It stays as dangerous every single year. I just think it is a blessing that it will never be televised live.:sweatingbullets:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

between 1957 and1961 twenty grand prix drivers were killed many, many more had life changing injuries.  ref:- 'The Limit'.....Michael Cannell.

2005,    9 riders died in the TT and MGP alone, without the road toll. That is just on one circuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't comparing, just substantiating how dangerous Grand Prix used to be compared to currently.

The IOM TT was and is extremely dangerous and looks as though it will continue to be so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I wasn't comparing, just substantiating how dangerous Grand Prix used to be compared to currently.

The IOM TT was and is extremely dangerous and looks as though it will continue to be so.

Not knocking your post doc.:flowers:

Just pointing out how dangerous the TT is, was and will continue to be until it is halted

Lets hope this year is better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different levels. You wouldn't find a 68 year old retired carpenter from Leeds racing round the nurburgring in a brabham. The only reason people turn to road racing, with a couple of exceptions, is because they are not good enough to do it successfully on the track. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...