Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Vandalism

Now vandals have had a go at a £6,500 fairy house, it has been taken away for restoration costing god knows how much.    Vandalism seems to be on the up, sentences seem to be on the way down.    There is so much community work being carried out it is amazing, what are these people are actually doing I hope it is something useful it would be nice to see a finished project that had been accomplished by all these people doing community work.   Perhaps a work shop into how to make fairy houses could be considered.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Now vandals have had a go at a £6,500 fairy house, it has been taken away for restoration costing god knows how much.    Vandalism seems to be on the up, sentences seem to be on the way down.    There is so much community work being carried out it is amazing, what are these people are actually doing I hope it is something useful it would be nice to see a finished project that had been accomplished by all these people doing community work.   Perhaps a work shop into how to make fairy houses could be considered.

A good beating is what the scrotes need.

Yes , a good old fashioned bullying is what they need :thumbsup:

Edited by dilligaf

It was looking pretty shabby the other week, but so would anything spending a winter up there. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Crime appears to be increasing in general. The toe rags know full well that they will be handed a limp wristed sentence and off they go again

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It was looking pretty shabby the other week, but so would anything spending a winter up there. 

They cost £6k each we might have expected them to be a bit more hardy for the Manx winter? 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Crime appears to be increasing in general. The toe rags know full well that they will be handed a limp wristed sentence and off they go again

That's if they're even caught, what with much reduced Police presence throughout the Island?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrPB said:

They cost £6k each we might have expected them to be a bit more hardy for the Manx winter? 

That will be a governmental £6k. It differs greatly from our £6k

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

That will be a governmental £6k. It differs greatly from our £6k

Perhaps, but they wrote a cheque for real money for £6K each apparently. Totally mental. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nutters put them there. Nutters destroy them. It does have a certain symmetry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

i thought this was going to be another prom thread.

I would have thought they will put cctv up at each site to make sure this doesn't happen again.

12 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I would have thought they will put cctv up at each site to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Err, how would the CCTV equipment have been powered and connected to where it could be monitored?  It would have cost considerably more than the bloody dolls houses! 

And at six grand the least the supplier should have done would be to throw a couple of garden gnomes for nix!  

Anyway based on experience building mini-houses not best suited to the climate let alone money being made by so doing I would have thought that one particular "developer" should be providing the damm fool things for free.

Fairy houses indeed.  Pfft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

i thought this was going to be another prom thread.

Oh Gawd, are these things another Phil Gawne Folly?

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Milners Tower has faired pretty well (although it had a good makeover about 20 years ago).