Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Vandalism

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Crime appears to be increasing in general. The toe rags know full well that they will be handed a limp wristed sentence and off they go again

When caught  vandals trot out the same old crap  that it's not their fault "cos I'm ABOAC*  (and dyslexic:)) : society has failed me  :I've been brought up in a one parent family etc etc ......................................... and those given the job of sentencing  them fall for it .

Don't get me started on the advocates who manage to keep a straight face while stating the 'mitigating  factors' (see above) and insisting it was 'out of character' as they were pissed /drugged up and they should be given another chance , even if they have only got several pages of 'previous':lol: . 

Just saying

* a bit of a               .:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, paswt said:

When caught  vandals trot out the same old crap  that it's not their fault "cos I'm ABOAC*  (and dyslexic:)) : society has failed me  :I've been brought up in a one parent family etc etc ......................................... and those given the job of sentencing  them fall for it .

Don't get me started on the advocates who manage to keep a straight face while stating the 'mitigating  factors' (see above) and insisting it was 'out of character' as they were pissed /drugged up and they should be given another chance as they have only got several pages of 'previous':lol: . 

Just saying

* a bit of a               .:flowers:

I would suggest a lot of a ****

• Like 1

These fairy houses, if we had to have them could have been made at schools or the college as projects for sod all and when they disintegrated the next years students, those who wanted too, could make replacements, a bit like the trees at the Airport at Christmas where the schools have a competition and enjoy doing it.   This is madness in the extreme and an indication of the governments attitude to the spending of other people's money.   And do not get me started about the new artwork being proposed for the roundabout at the Cooil, how long before some boy racer takes that out.    Thes schemes are nothing short of misappropriation of public funds.    

• Like 7

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

These fairy houses, if we had to have them could have been made at schools or the college as projects for sod all and when they disintegrated the next years students, those who wanted too, could make replacements, a bit like the trees at the Airport at Christmas where the schools have a competition and enjoy doing it.   This is madness in the extreme and an indication of the governments attitude to the spending of other people's money.   And do not get me started about the new artwork being proposed for the roundabout at the Cooil, how long before some boy racer takes that out.    Thes schemes are nothing short of misappropriation of public funds.    

Doesn't surprise you though, does it? Too many idle hands looking for things to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rog said:

Fairy houses indeed.  Pfft.

We went up to see the Milners Tower one shortly after it was installed. On the way down we passed a couple of families with very excited littlees looking forward to finding it. Plus you only have to look at all the crud that accumulates at the Fairy Bridge to see that sort of nonsense has everlasting appeal.

Mind you, it was only a matter of time before some drunken moron damaged them for 'fun' though....

2 hours ago, paswt said:

Don't get me started on the advocates who manage to keep a straight face while stating the 'mitigating  factors' (see above) and insisting it was 'out of character' as they were pissed /drugged up and they should be given another chance , even if they have only got several pages of 'previous':lol: .

Very often they are not just keeping a straight face. I know advocates who defend these characters and who actually believe the barefaced lies that come out of their mouths. Some judges are the same. These people in high places are some of the most credulous of people. They live in ivory towers and the doings of the lower orders simply don't impinge on their lives. They are, therefore, ready to believe the most unlikely hard luck stories presented to them. The scum are well aware of this. They put on the "poor me" act and run rings around these very intelligent but street wisdom deficient individuals. It's a major problem.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, woolley said:

Very often they are not just keeping a straight face. I know advocates who defend these characters and who actually believe the barefaced lies that come out of their mouths. Some judges are the same. These people in high places are some of the most credulous of people. They live in ivory towers and the doings of the lower orders simply don't impinge on their lives. They are, therefore, ready to believe the most unlikely hard luck stories presented to them. The scum are well aware of this. They put on the "poor me" act and run rings around these very intelligent but street wisdom deficient individuals. It's a major problem.

I demand a second opinion...!

Just now, P.K. said:

Sorry, I disallow any amendment. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

OK you're ugly :lol::flowers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rog said:

Err, how would the CCTV equipment have been powered and connected to where it could be monitored?  It would have cost considerably more than the bloody dolls houses! 

And at six grand the least the supplier should have done would be to throw a couple of garden gnomes for nix!  

Anyway based on experience building mini-houses not best suited to the climate let alone money being made by so doing I would have thought that one particular "developer" should be providing the damm fool things for free.

Fairy houses indeed.  Pfft.

I know all you pensioners on here are not quite upto date with modern tech,  but surely for an extra cost of £4k to £5k each Fairy House  could have a solar panelled wireless CCTV system.

13 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I know all you pensioners on here are not quite upto date with modern tech,  but surely for an extra cost of £4k to £5k each Fairy House  could have a solar panelled wireless CCTV system.

Vandal proof?

16 minutes ago, paswt said:

OK you're ugly :lol::flowers:

However unlike some my ugliness is only skin deep.....

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Vandal proof?

And for an extra £20k pa each, each house could have a permanent G4S security presence.

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Holte End said:

What does solar panelled mean, and there must be wires to connect television cameras to a television set somewhere?  I don't understand.

5 minutes ago, Rog said:

What does solar panelled mean, and there must be wires to connect television cameras to a television set somewhere?  I don't understand.

You power the camera and a SIM card enabled 4G transmitter from a battery. charged by solar panels. The images are received as data over the 4G and downloaded/viewed remotely