Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Vandalism

It's the Little People who destroy these houses, the little nimbys don't want any comeovers moving in next to them!!!

As a kid I threw stones at street lights, it was just for fun! Now in later life, it was obviously a mindless thing to do.

Still, better these houses than a £400 BMW wing mirror?

Silver lining ???

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

You power the camera and a SIM card enabled 4G transmitter from a battery. charged by solar panels. The images are received as data over the 4G and downloaded/viewed remotely 

All perfectly doable, until some scrote swipes the camera!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paswt said:

Don't get me started on the advocates who manage to keep a straight face while stating the 'mitigating  factors' (see above) and insisting it was 'out of character' as they were pissed /drugged up and they should be given another chance , even if they have only got several pages of 'previous':lol: .

8 hours ago, woolley said:

Very often they are not just keeping a straight face. I know advocates who defend these characters and who actually believe the barefaced lies that come out of their mouths. Some judges are the same. These people in high places are some of the most credulous of people. They live in ivory towers and the doings of the lower orders simply don't impinge on their lives. They are, therefore, ready to believe the most unlikely hard luck stories presented to them. The scum are well aware of this. They put on the "poor me" act and run rings around these very intelligent but street wisdom deficient individuals. It's a major problem.

Never heard of this?

image.thumb.png.957189b199e52bd39066bbbd3a842ea9.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, John Wright said:

You power the camera and a SIM card enabled 4G transmitter from a battery. charged by solar panels. The images are received as data over the 4G and downloaded/viewed remotely 

Why use a G4S, and how much will it cost just to use their wiring? I know all about SIM things, they get put in mobile phones by the phone shop, but how would I get one put into my camera?

Edited by Rog

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

However unlike some my ugliness is only skin deep.....

I demand a second opinion...!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

And for an extra £20k pa each, each house could have a permanent G4S security presence.

A midget to live in each house.

50 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Never heard of this?

image.thumb.png.957189b199e52bd39066bbbd3a842ea9.png

Of course. But we weren't talking about the system. We were discussing the people who work within the system and their wide-eyed credulity when it comes to dealing with the activities of the less scrupulous or feral members of society. Highly paid, sharply dressed lambs to the slaughter who think they know better than everyone else, but who in fact bring the system into disrepute. Out on the street, living on your wits and instinctive animal cunning are more suited to the way of things, and far better evolved for the purpose, than a degree in law. This is why we have so many serial offenders.

42 minutes ago, Rog said:

Why use a G4S, and how much will it cost just to use their wiring? I know all about SIM things, they get put in mobile phones by the phone shop, but how would I get one put into my camera?

Who mentioned G4S? All sorts of devices can be SIM enabled, directly or via a MiFi device and blue tooth.

My place in Spain has CCTV cameras. They are hard wired power wise but could be rechargeable battery run from a solar charger. They connect to the internet by blue tooth rather than hard wire. They are motion sensitive. The images go to a recorder in my house in IoM. As it happens the internet in Spain is not hard wired but is by microwave link. But it could just as well be 4G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Who mentioned G4S?

Me...but just in the name of sarcasm :D

42 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Me...but just in the name of sarcasm :D

On MF?? :o Perish the thought!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Of course. But we weren't talking about the system. We were discussing the people who work within the system and their wide-eyed credulity when it comes to dealing with the activities of the less scrupulous or feral members of society. Highly paid, sharply dressed lambs to the slaughter who think they know better than everyone else, but who in fact bring the system into disrepute. Out on the street, living on your wits and instinctive animal cunning are more suited to the way of things, and far better evolved for the purpose, than a degree in law. This is why we have so many serial offenders.

Of course, things were so much better in the old days.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, woolley said:
5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

And for an extra £20k pa each, each house could have a permanent G4S security presence.

A midget to live in each house.

Edited by dilligaf

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Who mentioned G4S? All sorts of devices can be SIM enabled, directly or via a MiFi device and blue tooth.

My place in Spain has CCTV cameras. They are hard wired power wise but could be rechargeable battery run from a solar charger. They connect to the internet by blue tooth rather than hard wire. They are motion sensitive. The images go to a recorder in my house in IoM. As it happens the internet in Spain is not hard wired but is by microwave link. But it could just as well be 4G

John, I can't keep this up.  It would be just too unkind.    

As it happens the internet in Spain is not hard wired but is by microwave link. But it could just as well be 4G

Not quite the same.

4G has one big limitation (apart from the obvious data limit) unless you have a UK 3 sim card. Unless summat's changed recently, you don't get issued a public ip address. That means getting data from your foreign LAN isn't a problem (you don't need to know your connection's public ip) but remotely accessing your LAN inward is not possible should you wish to connect to say, live cctv or other stuff like heating/cooling or active doorbell.

PS Forget using a 3 sim in Spain. It's cheap but it roams to Movistar on 3G only but they don't tell you this when taking out a contract and try to deny it when found out.

PS for security purposes, your system is probably the best. You can cut phone wires and block GSM but a microwave link to a local base station is hard to interrupt unless you climb up and knock the antenna off the wall .

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

Not quite the same.

4G has one big limitation (apart from the obvious data limit) unless you have a UK 3 sim card. Unless summat's changed recently, you don't get issued a public ip address. That means getting data from your foreign LAN isn't a problem (you don't need to know your connection's public ip) but remotely accessing your LAN inward is not possible should you wish to connect to say, live cctv or other stuff like heating/cooling or active doorbell.

PS Forget using a 3 sim in Spain. It's cheap but it roams to Movistar on 3G only but they don't tell you this when taking out a contract and try to deny it when found out.

PS for security purposes, your system is probably the best. You can cut phone wires and block GSM but a microwave link to a local base station is hard to interrupt unless you climb up and knock the antenna off the wall .

Why would I use a Manx or U.K. data SIM for streaming CCTV from my place in Spain? I’ve got a Telefonica/movistar SIM. However reception in the mountains isn’t reliable.

As the data is motion activated it only pushes when something sets it off. Just foxes, a badger and a wild boar, so far.

I was using it as an example. To illustrate how you don’t need hard wires to run a camera or transmit the data.

We are talking about how to have security surveillance up by Milners tower without power or data cables.

• Like 1