Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
MrPB

MLC resigns for nonsensical reasons

Has Tanya been rocking Big Howard's boat again?

Nearly 11 minutes of Moulton and that fringe makes you laugh? Maybe the first 10s. 

15 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Has Tanya been rocking Big Howard's boat again?

I doubt she rocks anyone’s boat. I’m just left wondering why she resigned. None of what she says makes any sense at all. Just looks like she wanted out as she’s not up to the job and has come up with a few rubbish reasons to resign. 

• Thanks 1

Not up to what job? Seems to me all you have to do is sit there and not resign then take the pension. Perhaps she's taking an ethical stance, in which case good riddance, her former colleagues will be thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else  feeling a bit dispirited at the quality of membership of our “upper chamber”?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I doubt she rocks anyone’s boat. I’m just left wondering why she resigned. None of what she says makes any sense at all. Just looks like she wanted out as she’s not up to the job and has come up with a few rubbish reasons to resign. 

She’s up for re-election soon as she got the shortest term MLC ticket on offer so it’s obviously some desperate ruse to try to get her re-elected but doubtful it will work. You have to ask just what has she done in the role? The answer is pretty much nothing. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Anyone else  feeling a bit dispirited at the quality of membership of our “upper chamber”?

And the lower house. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

She’s up for re-election soon as she got the shortest term MLC ticket on offer so it’s obviously some desperate ruse to try to get her re-elected but doubtful it will work. You have to ask just what has she done in the role? The answer is pretty much nothing. 

Sorry to be so blunt - and I’m a supporter of the young being involved in public policy - but the kid’s a dope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My take on it was the opposite to allyour views. I feel that she’s resigned so she can challenge them more. She’s no shrinking violet that one. Good analytical head on her too.

Just because she’s not on the wireless every two minutes or writing a ”My First Tomy Blog” doesn’t mean she hasn’t got a brain. Stop being such typical men. You’re giving us a bad name. 

Edited by ecobob
Too much lunch time gin
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

This:

2 hours ago, MrPB said:

This:

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

and this:

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Sorry to be so blunt - and I’m a supporter of the young being involved in public policy - but the kid’s a dope.

Who the f**k is this person?  I think I heard her spout once ever on Manx Radio before she was mysteriously/surprisingly elected to Tynwald. 

This is a non-story all about her, her, her. I think she speaks pure unadulterated vacuous me-me-me self-obsessed self-important bollocks.

But a window into the mind of the average Tynwald member.

If she is going to resign anything at all, why doesn't she just resign her seat in our parliament?

Edited by gettafa
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I'm dispirited by your new avatar, quite miss your old one :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Just because she’s not on the wireless every two minutes or writing a ”My First Tomy Blog” doesn’t mean she hasn’t got a brain. Stop being such typical men. You’re giving us a bad name. 

Firstly I started this thread as I unfortunately sat all the way through that clip and none of what she said actually made sense to me. That’s not being sexist or a typical man. It was a clear observation based on the lack of information she imparted. I’m sure some of the more vociferous contributors above are women actually as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gettafa said:

This:

This:

and this:

Who the f**k is this person?  I think I heard her spout once ever on Manx Radio before she was mysteriously/surprisingly elected to Tynwald. 

This is a non-story all about her, her, her. I think she speaks pure unadulterated vacuous me-me-me self-obsessed self-important bollocks.

But a window into the mind of the average Tynwald member.

If she is going to resign anything at all, why doesn't she just resign her seat in our parliament?

Because by resigning she can highlight just what’s going wrong in this department. I don’t know her from Adam but I know you’ve got it wrong. The upper chamber is actually doing a bloody marvellous job in scrutinising government. They’re currently getting on everyone’s tits and small cracks are showing up as huge cracks. That you can’t see that says more about you than it can ever say about this lady. 

• Haha 1

Just now, MrPB said:

Firstly I started this thread as I unfortunately sat all the way through that clip and none of what she said actually made sense to me. That’s not being sexist or a typical man. It was a clear observation based on the lack of information she imparted. I’m sure some of the more vociferous contributors above are women actually as well. 

I think that interview was more about what she wasn’t prepared to say rather than what she said. Home Affairs is a shambles. Always has been. By resigning she can highlight this even more rather than having to toe the party line. 

• Haha 1