Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Certainly not in Ramsey now anyway..

5 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I thought the cyclefest thing was still going?

Well it didn't happen this year allegedly various social climbers tried to make it theirs.

14 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I thought the cyclefest thing was still going?

The Grand Fondo is on which i believe has been organised by Cyclefest

19 hours ago, finlo said:

Well it didn't happen this year allegedly various social climbers tried to make it theirs.

That’s become a right festival of failed civil servants that one too. It didn’t happen this year as the usual subsidy envelope failed to hit the mat I believe. 

34 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Obviously someone's finally taken the advice given earlier on Manx Forums:

On 5/29/2019 at 9:13 PM, slinkydevil said:

These guys have sponsored ads all over facebook. I bet they don't care about any IOM trademarks. Mind you, it could be a nice jolly to Miami for a government bod.

https://titi3d79.com/shop/isleofmantt2405?pid=dNpb8JYGt4vcSTKn&cid=Cgny2zIQpD2RQW3c&sid=2

It will be interesting to see how Facebook respond to the takedown request - though I can't help noticing that DfE have waited till after TT is over to action it.  Presumably it means they can claim victory when the US company stops advertising when it was going to anyway.

The Dfe will not find the Miami lot as easy to bully as Looneys were, if I were Looneys I would give them to various charities to raffle then they would at least get some publicity out of it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Obviously someone's finally taken the advice given earlier on Manx Forums:

It will be interesting to see how Facebook respond to the takedown request - though I can't help noticing that DfE have waited till after TT is over to action it.  Presumably it means they can claim victory when the US company stops advertising when it was going to anyway.

As you say - fine taking action now the TT is over and they’d probably stop selling TT t-shirts online anyway as anyone wanting one will have already bought it. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

We could do with sending a 10 strong delegation out to Miami for a couple of months to make sure none of their shops are ripping us off. On a point of principle

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

.....but they've already booked Cancun for the summer recess !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

The Dfe will not find the Miami lot as easy to bully as Looneys were, if I were Looneys I would give them to various charities to raffle then they would at least get some publicity out of it.

Amazing that when it suits them to justify ridiculous expenditure the first thing they cite is publicity ...... this will certainly get publicity.....  bad publicity, how do you value that on the balance sheet ? I hope Miami tell them to eff off !!!!

• Like 1

I could IoMG being made to look very, very arrogant and stupid over this.

Or coming out of it a lot worse off financially by the time the briefs have had their considerable bit.

Or both.