Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hampsterkahn

TT copyright

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

I'd suggest that a line map of the TT course and "IoM Road Racing" emblazoned alongside/below it makes a mockery of that?

But all the gov have any copyright on is the two Ts staggered. Everything else is fair game and they know it

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But all the gov have any copyright on is the two Ts staggered. Everything else is fair game and they know it

I think they think otherwise!

Agreed. But equally it proves how easy it is to circumvent and take the piss. So how much is it costing IoM Gov in lost royalties? Another of Callister's £3Ms?

And our Laurence is contributing to those potential losses whilst sending the OFT Stasi (who've clearly grown a backbone since Manx Gas, oddly) round to bollock Looney's. Hypocritical prick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

I think they think otherwise!

Then they have a shock in store. Mind you that will probably be when they take on the big boys @nd lose and cost us mega

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Most of the other stuff he sells is carefully sold as 'Road Races'  though, without any sign of the TT letters.  So he's doing his best to dodge having to pay himself while demanding that others do.

What is worse surely is he is capturing personal data with no encryption in place, given GDPR applies here now, I would have thought this was in breach. Also the privacy policy was last updated in 2012, so hardly keeping up with changes in legislation, he also stipulates a chargeable fee for access to data, which does not comply with GDPR, oh dear.

Edited by CharlieBrown
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:13 PM, slinkydevil said:

These guys have sponsored ads all over facebook. I bet they don't care about any IOM trademarks. Mind you, it could be a nice jolly to Miami for a government bod.

https://titi3d79.com/shop/isleofmantt2405?pid=dNpb8JYGt4vcSTKn&cid=Cgny2zIQpD2RQW3c&sid=2

10 minutes ago, rodders said:

Keep up at the back please.

Keep up at the back please.

• Thanks 1

Agreed. But equally it proves how easy it is to circumvent and take the piss. So how much is it costing IoM Gov in lost royalties? Another of Callister's £3Ms?

And our Laurence is contributing to those potential losses whilst sending the OFT Stasi (who've clearly grown a backbone since Manx Gas, oddly) round to bollock Looney's. Hypocritical prick. 

But who is paying “us” six figures for the right to sell millions of pounds worth of goods? Does all that money go back into our Economy? No, thought not. Where as all the local shops who try to make a few bob in TT would put ALL the money back into out system

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But who is paying “us” six figures for the right to sell millions of pounds worth of goods? Does all that money go back into our Economy? No, thought not. Where as all the local shops who try to make a few bob in TT would put ALL the money back into out system

Tossers the lot of them, and to think I used to knock around with Skelly when his old man ran the Prince of Wales! 

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'd imagine a lump of it goes to China where I was told the stuff's knocked out. But not at £20 a shirt, clearly...  

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

Tossers the lot of them, and to think I used to knock around with Skelly when his old man ran the Prince of Wales! 

Tossers, yes, but who's taking the piss out of who and getting rich on the back of it? :angry:

Tossers, yes, but who's taking the piss out of who and getting rich on the back of it? :angry:

Everything about the TT is a free for all. From the organising to the racing, to the deciding what is serious, to deciding what is more important, the event or the dignity of fallen riders. I am old enough to have seen riders covered with a sack behind a hedge just so the race can carry on. These people selling the TT know little about what happens, or what has happened far too often in the past

Everything about the TT is a free for all. From the organising to the racing, to the deciding what is serious, to deciding what is more important, the event or the dignity of fallen riders. I am old enough to have seen riders covered with a sack behind a hedge just so the race can carry on. These people selling the TT know little about what happens, or what has happened far too often in the past

Douglas rd corner Kirk Michael springs to mind!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Douglas rd corner Kirk Michael springs to mind!

And May Hill, Ramsey.

A six figure sum need only be 100,000 but for how many years?

If Skelly is using a 'get around' of selling stuff without the TT logo, then that is despicable for Govt minister with responsibility for the races. Although, I would not blame any other private venture for trying the same trick!

It was  never fully explained whether Audi was allowing the IOM to use the TT logo, or if the IOM was allowing Audi to use it. Was it a casde of not arguing with Audi and their lawyers?

Some FoI or Hooper questions need to be raised???

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And May Hill, Ramsey.

Far too many to comment on. Disgraceful, no matter how you look at it.

Yet another young wife has lost her husband and a lovely young child has lost her dad.

Will that tragedy be remembered now that everyone has gone back?

I hope it is not Forgotten. This is the saddest part of racing. I don’t know how these families cope, but I often think we, as a nation owe something to these poor souls, as we encourage the entrants to come here for £££££ into our economy.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1