Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thesultanofsheight

Dickheads find something to protest about

Posted (edited)

It looks like Bernie Moffatt’s Celtic cronies have now been moved on from the airport after finding something not especially interesting to get angry about this week. Will these people ever stop living in 1982? I’m sure they’d have a replica Greenham Common built on the roundabout if they could. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/protestors-moved-away-from-airport/

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It looks like Bernie Moffatt’s Celtic cronies have now been moved on from the airport after finding something not especially interesting to get angry about this week. Will these people ever stop living in 1982? I’m sure they’d have a replica Greenham Common built on the roundabout if they could. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/protestors-moved-away-from-airport/

I quite like Bernie, but this is just plain stupidity. Must be short of things to complain about,.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I quite like Bernie, but this is just plain stupidity. Must be short of things to complain about,.

I’m sure he just needs to top up his irrational angriness every now and again when a good Facebook rant and rage simply isn’t quite cutting it anymore.   

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That'd be a first then.

• Like 2

Whilst I have no objection to the Celtic League’s view on Saudi operations in the Gulf, it has little bearing on the use of Ronaldsway by RAF flying training aircraft.

In an emergency situation when Valley runway becomes unavailable due to an aircraft incident there, any aircraft airborne at the time have to land at another airfield ( Crash Diversion Airfield).  There are a distinct lack of suitable airfields in the area and Ronaldsway is one of the few available, hence its very occasional use for this purpose.  In training for this very unlikely occurrence  trainee pilots will on occasions practice  an approach here whilst being accompanied by their instructor.  They will routinely not land and just carry out a low overshoot before returning to Valley.  These Hawk aircraft are training aircraft only and not capable of carrying any weapons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's interesting that RAF pilots in training are having to wait long periods for familiarity exposure with some aircraft types, but if you're buying UK made aircraft you get in quick

Edited by Donald Trumps

Why don't these wankers put their time to good use by volunteering for a charity rather than this narcissistic fuckwittery?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They are perfectly entitled to voice their concerns regarding the issue

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, paul's got wright said:

Well thanks for that searing insight. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

I thought you’d agree with the fucknuggets 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cypman said:

Whilst I have no objection to the Celtic League’s view on Saudi operations in the Gulf, it has little bearing on the use of Ronaldsway by RAF flying training aircraft.

In an emergency situation when Valley runway becomes unavailable due to an aircraft incident there, any aircraft airborne at the time have to land at another airfield ( Crash Diversion Airfield).  There are a distinct lack of suitable airfields in the area and Ronaldsway is one of the few available, hence its very occasional use for this purpose.  In training for this very unlikely occurrence  trainee pilots will on occasions practice  an approach here whilst being accompanied by their instructor.  They will routinely not land and just carry out a low overshoot before returning to Valley.  These Hawk aircraft are training aircraft only and not capable of carrying any weapons.

Is the new / old ( top of the range / depricated ) Marconi radar now in place, or are we awating on a new one  ?

Edited by LightBulb

Like calling people dickheads is insightful?

I thought it might be worth pointing out, that people are perfectly entitled to voice their concerns, to offer a little balanace

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

I thought you’d agree with the fucknuggets 

Yes i already know how thick you are nelly, so obviously you would make a false assumption about me personally, rather than taking my post as the balanced point of view that it is.

You utter moron x

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Like calling people dickheads is insightful?

I thought it might be worth pointing out, that people are perfectly entitled to voice their concerns, to offer a little balanace

And others are perfectly entitled to call them dickheads if they're being a bit of a dick.  What's your point again?

• Thanks 1