Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Last Ten

Bus Vs Taxi

Recommended Posts

I wonder what the driver of this bus was thinking when this happened at Ronaldsway today?

I am hearing the bus driver was a well known fella.

Hope nobody was hurt.

image credit to a FB group user.

 

 

 

63A502EF-0DDC-4D25-8210-874CB5F8D036.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was probably thinking ‘twat’

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job Commissario Montalbano of Vigata (Sicily's version of Midsomer) was on hand....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do my eyes deceive me or is there a skellington at the wheel of that taxi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say that it not a taxi anyway, but a private hire car. Most of which resemble taxis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I would say that it not a taxi anyway, but a private hire car. Most of which resemble taxis 

Well we don't have the black cab type do we? They all look similar, private hire or ply for hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, woolley said:

Well we don't have the black cab type do we? They all look similar, private hire or ply for hire.

Big difference though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Do my eyes deceive me or is there a skellington at the wheel of that taxi?

Looks like Jonny Depp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those taxis are a menace along there. They can see there’s a bus coming and open the driver’s  door and struggle out of their seat rather rather than let the bus pass first. 

Although I don’t think it’s wise for the bus to continue to make progress. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Declan said:

Although I don’t think it’s wise for the bus to continue to make progress. 

I do. The taxi drivers will be more careful in future.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might wind, of the meteorological type, have had something to do with it?

Or Michael Caine perhaps?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Door to door service from Bus Vannin

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Declan said:

Those taxis are a menace along there. They can see there’s a bus coming and open the driver’s  door and struggle out of their seat rather rather than let the bus pass first. 

Although I don’t think it’s wise for the bus to continue to make progress. 

Some of those taxi drivers think they own the airport and once they are on the taxi rank then the area becomes an enclave of taxi-drivers and when they get In that smoking shelter, swearing like troopers as if they was in their front room.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The instances of drivers opening doors or standing in the road as you drive by are an every day danger.

As for mothers taking their children out into the road from their cars is fraught with danger but they continue to do it.

Not long before the fatal accident happens.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...