Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Last Ten

Bus Vs Taxi

if i was betting id say car driver opened door in front of bus rather than bus tried to squeeze past car drivers open door.

• Like 2

Wonder how much perceived pressure the driver felt under from the Parking Nazis at the time?

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I would say that it not a taxi anyway, but a private hire car. Most of which resemble taxis 

If you look more closely at the photo, you'll see that the car actually has Elegance Taxi Services on the doors.  And of course it's also in the position where only taxis for hire are supposed to be.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

if i was betting id say car driver opened door in front of bus rather than bus tried to squeeze past car drivers open door.

That's what you normally expect with these accidents.  But in the photo it looks as if the door has gone into the side of the bus with some force.  I suspect the idea that the wind took it is accurate - even a perpetually-aggrieved taxi driver is unlikely to have opened his door with anger as to impact the glass like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you look more closely at the photo, you'll see that the car actually has Elegance Taxi Services on the doors.  And of course it's also in the position where only taxis for hire are supposed to be.

That's what you normally expect with these accidents.  But in the photo it looks as if the door has gone into the side of the bus with some force.  I suspect the idea that the wind took it is accurate - even a perpetually-aggrieved taxi driver is unlikely to have opened his door with anger as to impact the glass like that.

Most Private Hire cars are operating in taxi firms on their radios and lots have that door sticker or that of other firms on their cars.

the door has embedded itself into the side of the bus because of the forward movement of the bus, not because it has been opened quickly.

USB sockets on the bus I'm on right now. The future is right here, right now, today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, Non-Believer said:

Wonder how much perceived pressure the driver felt under from the Parking Nazis at the time?

The driver I believe was Mr Longworth himself who was helping out for TT so I’d probably say not. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrPB said:
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Non-Believer said:

The driver I believe was Mr Longworth himself who was helping out for TT so I’d probably say not. 

I'm sure NB meant the taxi/hire driver.

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'm sure NB meant the taxi/hire driver.

Well regardless it’s actually quite a funny situation that everyone has been told to shut up about due to the person involved. 

No they haven't. They are just not telling you.:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

No they haven't. They are just not telling you.:thumbsup:

Well clearly that’s incorrect. I was referring to media attention. I’d have thought the head of the bus company ramming a taxi with a bus would have been good column space to be fair. 

1 minute ago, MrPB said:

Well clearly that’s incorrect. I was referring to media attention. I’d have thought the head of the bus company ramming a taxi with a bus would have been good column space to be fair. 

Regardless of who was driving the bus, it is the car drivers fault.( IMHO)

Wasn't Longworths policy to sack any driver involved in an accident regardless of blame?

16 minutes ago, finlo said:

Wasn't Longworths policy to sack any driver involved in an accident regardless of blame?

Would not be many left, would there ?