Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
2112

Union Mills Drone

Recommended Posts

Not HRH The Chief Minister in full flight, giving us one of little daily sermons.........

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-mills-drone-prompts-ban-reminder/

of course nothing will happen, if they do catch the culprit, I’m sure they will conduct a show trial, with the might of the IOM legal establishment trying to make an example/martyr . Yes it’s totally wrong but there are other larger fry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would agree there are other fry but not bigger fry these drones are a menace .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might as well be me that asks this question:

Any suggested connection to the fatality this morning at Snugborough ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently it happened this afternoon, the police put out a tweet, and if by magic ‘hey presto’ the drone stops flying. Personally I have zero faith with the Police. The ban on Drones on the whole was designed to stop the loss of revenue streams ‘as RC keeps spouting’ Starship Enterprise don’t want people posting footage on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Apparently it happened this afternoon, the police put out a tweet, and if by magic ‘hey presto’ the drone stops flying. Personally I have zero faith with the Police. The ban on Drones on the whole was designed to stop the loss of revenue streams ‘as RC keeps spouting’ Starship Enterprise don’t want people posting footage on YouTube.

Think you’ll find the ban on drones is to do with the safety of the helicopter ambulance for potential emergencies on the course. But keep on blaming the police,  or the need for revenue streams, both of whom who have nothing to do with it...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

Sucked into the intake would be game over

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

The helicopter industry reported 665 bird strikes in the United States over the last three years [...]  Bird strikes caused three fatalities (all from one incident) and eight injuries (from eight separate incidents) over the reporting period.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

I'm sure there were a good few thousand people who were supposed to be flying from Gatwick Airport last Christmas who would disagree with your logic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, manxst said:

Think you’ll find the ban on drones is to do with the safety of the helicopter ambulance for potential emergencies on the course. But keep on blaming the police,  or the need for revenue streams, both of whom who have nothing to do with it...

And it would only be a matter of time before some tw@t was filming the bikes with one at eye-level above the road....look at the concerns over people poking selfie sticks into the path of the bikes a couple of years ago to realise how irresponsible some unfortunately are.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And it would only be a matter of time before some tw@t was filming the bikes with one at eye-level above the road....look at the concerns over people poking selfie sticks into the path of the bikes a couple of years ago to realise how irresponsible some unfortunately are.

Added to which the cheaper ones have about 4 minutes of battery life before they drop like a stone. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoTail said:

I cant see a drone being a threat to a helicopter any more than a seagull!  A helicopter is very big compared to a tiny drone.

Lots of bits of feathers, blood and bones, compared to bits of metal...hmmmm.... I know which I’d take my chances with....although neither is particularly good. I’d hope that the gulls would be able to take avoiding action though, as opposed to the drones who have restricted viewing controls. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bird will usually look to fly away from impending danger, a drone doesn't have any instinct. If you allowed drones every man and his dog would have them whizzing around the racing...what could possibly go wrong?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

A bird will usually look to fly away from impending danger, a drone doesn't have any instinct. If you allowed drones every man and his dog would have them whizzing around the racing...what could possibly go wrong?

It is odd about the location report of the drone though around the accident site in Union Mills. They’re either worried it’s captured footage, or worried it’s contributed to the accident IMHO. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drones are banned and actively discouraged as they are owned by drab social misfits, owning many computers and a couple of metal detectors, large bunches of keys and leather cased mobile phones on their belts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...