Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Recommended Posts

A friend leaving the Island this morning and absolute chaos at Ronaldsway.  No organisation, queues all over because there is no indication who should be where.  Where is Reynolds? It's the weekend, she isn't here!!  I'm only in the check-in but have been told security is rammed as well.  Isn't it about time this overpaid woman is held to account. Locals saying there is no point complaining because nothing happens so come on MHK's represent the people who pay you and get this chaos sorted out.  So many foreign nationals disgusted by the mess.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see you're new here, and I'm not getting that information from your post count :)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cleo said:

A friend leaving the Island this morning and absolute chaos at Ronaldsway.  No organisation, queues all over because there is no indication who should be where.  Where is Reynolds? It's the weekend, she isn't here!!  I'm only in the check-in but have been told security is rammed as well.  Isn't it about time this overpaid woman is held to account. Locals saying there is no point complaining because nothing happens so come on MHK's represent the people who pay you and get this chaos sorted out.  So many foreign nationals disgusted by the mess.

Now now.

I recall when there was a bottleneck caused by security The Directoress excused herself by claiming that she wasn't aware there was a problem.

So that's all right then!

Not....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I can see you're new here, and I'm not getting that information from your post count :)

No been here for years but so absolutely livid this morning I've finally been pushed to say something :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cleo said:

A friend leaving the Island this morning and absolute chaos at Ronaldsway.  No organisation, queues all over because there is no indication who should be where.  Where is Reynolds? It's the weekend, she isn't here!!  I'm only in the check-in but have been told security is rammed as well.  Isn't it about time this overpaid woman is held to account. Locals saying there is no point complaining because nothing happens so come on MHK's represent the people who pay you and get this chaos sorted out.  So many foreign nationals disgusted by the mess.

Not sure what people expect on what may be the busiest day of the year.

You not travelled much then ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I thought Jeremy Spake was the main man down there these days? 

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

But then Reynolds herself has been uncharacteristically quiet recently.  The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

Edited by Roger Mexico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you would expect the airport to be a tad busy, like other airports, at holiday times. We can't have Heathrow Terminal 5 transported here for a few days a year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dilligaf said:
3 hours ago, Cleo said:

A friend leaving the Island this morning and absolute chaos at Ronaldsway.  No organisation, queues all over because there is no indication who should be where.  Where is Reynolds? It's the weekend, she isn't here!!  I'm only in the check-in but have been told security is rammed as well.  Isn't it about time this overpaid woman is held to account. Locals saying there is no point complaining because nothing happens so come on MHK's represent the people who pay you and get this chaos sorted out.  So many foreign nationals disgusted by the mess.

Not sure what people expect on what may be the busiest day of the year.

You not travelled much then ?

Or maybe she's travelled a lot and knows that most airports manage to cope with expected high levels of passengers by putting on extra staff and making sure that those passengers know what to do and where to go and managing queues and so on.  She wasn't complaining about the Airport being busy, but badly organised. 

We constantly get told that lots of money should be spent on the Airport because it presents the Island to the world and makes the first impression and so on.  But they don't seem to care if the impression given by the way it is run is one of cluelessness and indifference to passengers' needs. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

 The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

No, not just the airport, it gets wider use than that. Pan IoM Government.

It's encompassed within the policy of "Never look back". Regardless of the size of the FUBAR.

Which is why lessons are never learned and no-one is ever to blame or accountable.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

But then Reynolds herself has been uncharacteristically quiet recently.  The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

Is this the gentleman referred to here?

http://teamxander.blogspot.com/2019/05/1990s-pointless-celebrities-1st-june.html

 

 

Edited by enbee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

. We can't have Heathrow Terminal 5 transported here for a few days a year.

that's the dream of the empire builders though.   going back to the question,  'pie shop' is my answer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Or maybe she's travelled a lot and knows that most airports manage to cope with expected high levels of passengers by putting on extra staff and making sure that those passengers know what to do and where to go and managing queues and so on.  She wasn't complaining about the Airport being busy, but badly organised.

Is her report credible?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Not sure what people expect on what may be the busiest day of the year.

You not travelled much then ?

Actually I've travelled extensively.   What I expect is someone being paid (I understand) somewhere in the region of £1,000 per day to be able to organise check-in for a couple of flights without the complete cock-up we saw this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...