Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Cleo said:

There were people queuing outside, there was no organisation, travellers didn't know where the hell to queue and no-one around to tell them and if there is a tannoy system down there it wasn't being used.  Maybe you where there, I don't know, but you obviously weren't there when I was.  I don't think the world turns for me, far from it, but the image it gave of the island was bad, very bad.  I'm not demented thank you and I can take that people may not agree with me, I however don't have to descend to trying to ridicule someone with an alternative viewpoint.

Cleo. What time in the morning did this chaos occur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

But then Reynolds herself has been uncharacteristically quiet recently.  The motto at the Airport now seems to be 'Never apologise, never explain".

His media profile can't be so high nowadays otherwise why the hell would he want a job at Ronaldsway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Fourth, yesterday evening due to departure delays at other airports, four planes arrived at same time, were on stand, and EasyJet arrived late and had to be parked and disembarked remotely, requiring bussing. 

How remotely? I cannot see a need ever to use a bus for passengers at Ronaldsway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, woolley said:

How remotely? I cannot see a need ever to use a bus for passengers at Ronaldsway.

I think there are regulations involved.  If the plane is parked more than a certain (very short) distance away from the terminal the passengers aren't allowed to walk across the apron.  Before the current departure facilities were built buses used to be used all the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think there are regulations involved.  If the plane is parked more than a certain (very short) distance away from the terminal the passengers aren't allowed to walk across the apron.  Before the current departure facilities were built buses used to be used all the time.

Yes, I assume so. The dreaded elf n' safety. Surely they can just keep an eye on the feeble minded punters from both the plane and the terminal sides of the walk and gather up any especially giddy ones that go astray.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's to stop men with towels on their heads running around amongst the parked planes and attaching sticky bombs.

Rife with it down there, we are. Even had to build a fence :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Don't say that....there's nothing more guaranteed....

The next development will be to cater for 3.5 million passengers as the 2.5 million predicted is clearly too low !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, woolley said:

His media profile can't be so high nowadays otherwise why the hell would he want a job at Ronaldsway?

Good money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit of a mystery.  He was appointed as Operations Manager at Ronaldsway (and so one of Reynolds' deputies) last September.  You would have thought that someone outgoing would be all over the media, but I can find nothing since.  I can't find anything Manx on his Twitter, just a lot of russophile stuff - though he seems to keep his professional and media profiles separate (I couldn't find his job before coming here).  The only evidence he is still here is that he's giving a talk to Rotary next month.

I think he’s proof of Andy Warhol’s mantra that everyone is entitled to their 15 minutes of fame before they end up as a civil servant in the IOM getting paid to do little but occasional presentations to Rotary. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 7:47 PM, Non-Believer said:

It's to stop men with towels on their heads running around amongst the parked planes and attaching sticky bombs.

Rife with it down there, we are. Even had to build a fence :lol:

How much did the fence cost ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

How much did the fence cost ?

IIRC, @ £600k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 4:47 PM, asitis said:

A little bird told me she is looking for a position in the UK !

It is true that little is known about the airport it is one of the "Can't say" places for publicity. BTW the radar apparently is only half approved hence the need for the old one as well !

Still you get what you pay for ... or maybe not !!

Not true about the radar. Part of an approval from the regulator for a new system includes a caveat that a "back up" must be in place in case of failure in order to revert back and maintain service. This is usually for a defined period (6 - 12 months etc)  so I'd expect the old radar will be laid to rest soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, Giggleberrys said:

Not true about the radar. Part of an approval from the regulator for a new system includes a caveat that a "back up" must be in place in case of failure in order to revert back and maintain service. This is usually for a defined period (6 - 12 months etc)  so I'd expect the old radar will be laid to rest soon

Surely the new RADAR is now the old RADAR, and will need to be replaced soon, along with the old fence ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Surely the new RADAR is now the old RADAR, and will need to be replaced soon, along with the old fence ?

No the fence is OK , we all now have to have security passes, which looks to be a regulation admittedly. The fence was fitted with a security padlock which very few people were supposed to have keys for ! However no one had told the admin that, so now the security padlock has, (it has been told to me) 83 keys, many in the hands of off island people ! Jezza has really inherited a shit show !!

Edited by asitis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...