Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Onchan or not

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

And why do you have to live in a parish to be it’s MHK?

Churchill was MP for Dundee at one point 

You don't, and we've had enough pompous buffoons in Manx politics without looking for examples elsewhere. 

• Haha 1

I know you don't but it is better to have some knowledge of the kind of person you are voting for and if you have never heard of them how do you judge.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Other than RC only one pother Commissioner stood last time: https://www.manxradio.com/election-2016/2016-keys-candidates/

And will probably be RC and just one other again next time around, may be.

I’d forgotten Onchan actually had seven Commissioners. What a dream team. What could keep so many commissioners busy in a village that’s completely empty for 8 hours a day as everyone works in Douglas? I thought one other had stood last time round but you’re right. Quirky was a Commissioner before also so there is form for commissioners seeking elevation. I think the new boundaries might thwart any who stand in future as in effect a huge chunk of the village now can’t actually vote for them so they can try to butter them up however they like but it won’t make any difference. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Or Wayne and Garff?

Party on Declan.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrPB said:

I think the new boundaries might thwart any who stand in future as in effect a huge chunk of the village now can’t actually vote for them so they can try to butter them up however they like but it won’t make any difference. 

Actually that's not quite right because while not all Onchan District is in Onchan Constituency all of Onchan Constituency is in Onchan District.  So they can keep on buttering them up (with special attention to the larger bit[1]).  The only problem is that there are now only two seats to fight over rather than three.

[1]  The bit to the North/East of Harbour Road and to the South/East of the Main Road is in Garff.  All the rest is in Onchan Constituency except for a few dozen houses down by Tromode who vote in Douglas North.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo
  • Like 1

PB you are so wrong the Commissioners in Onchan do a good job they attend to parish pump politics leaving all Island business to the MHKs....  and to say that Onchan is empty all day because everyone works in Douglas just shows what an ignorant silly boy you are.    You seem to have a lot to say about things you know nothing about why not try and write a sensible post for a change just to prove you are not the moron that seems to be the common consensus on this forum.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

PB you are so wrong the Commissioners in Onchan do a good job they attend to parish pump politics leaving all Island business to the MHKs....  and to say that Onchan is empty all day because everyone works in Douglas just shows what an ignorant silly boy you are.    You seem to have a lot to say about things you know nothing about why not try and write a sensible post for a change just to prove you are not the moron that seems to be the common consensus on this forum.

You may be waiting a while...

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

You sound just like that Neil Down character who is also so thoroughly negative and abusive on here. I don’t need to engage with trolls. Which seems to be half the posters on here. No doubt Neil Down will insult me at some stage too just to reinforce your point. And I do know quite a bit about the village I live in. Thanks. 

Edited to add: one minute before claimed insult arrived. 

Edited by MrPB

So half the posters on here are trolls ?     I wonder why you bother to post on the forum at all.    Your input would not be missed, honest.

Just now, hissingsid said:

So half the posters on here are trolls ?     I wonder why you bother to post on the forum at all.    Your input would not be missed, honest.

I’m sure the postings of you and Neil Down would not be missed in the least. You’re just angry trolls who seem to add no value to any thread you post in.  

• Like 1

That's us told Neil by someone who should be tucked up in bed with his teddy bear...school in the morning.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

That's us told Neil by someone who should be tucked up in bed with his teddy bear...school in the morning.

That’s poor trolling and a very half hearted attempt at baiting and that’s being generous. You really are tediously predictable (and Neil of course). 

10 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Sorry, I’d have responded sooner but I was laughing too hard at snowflakes insipid comments...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’m sure the postings of you and Neil Down would not be missed in the least. You’re just angry trolls who seem to add no value to any thread you post in.  

Your value is what exactly (not counting the numerous cry baby posts)

• Thanks 1