Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Onchan or not

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Your value is what exactly (not counting the numerous cry baby posts)

As I said I have no wish to engage with professional trolls. Was it criticism of Onchan Commissioners that fired you both up? ;) Good night. 

Edited by MrPB
Added sentence

25 minutes ago, MrPB said:

As I said I have no wish to engage with professional trolls. Was it criticism of Onchan Commissioners that fired you both up? ;) Good night. 

Nah, just the stupidity of your comments... :whistling:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So half the posters on here are trolls ?     I wonder why you bother to post on the forum at all.    Your input would not be missed, honest.

That still leaves the OTHER HALF of us, normal people, here, to interject the place with reality, something that is not present on other platforms.

22 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

That still leaves the OTHER HALF of us, normal people, here, to interject the place with reality, something that is not present on other platforms.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Good one TJ

• Like 1

Just now, Neil Down said:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Good one TJ

Hahaahahahaha good one, tosser. You can call me every name under the sun but YOU are identifiable by being an absolute tosser!  :lol:

• Like 1

Oh dear ...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/onchan-boundaries-do-need-reviewing-says-mhk/

A summary of Rob’s Interview - 

- Onchan people are too thick to understand different boundaries for the Keys and Commissioners

- Onchan should merge with Garff and have four MHKs or maybe 6.

- it will be difficult to represent such a vast constituency. 

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

Oh dear ...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/onchan-boundaries-do-need-reviewing-says-mhk/

A summary of Rob’s Interview - 

- Onchan people are too thick to understand different boundaries for the Keys and Commissioners

- Onchan should merge with Garff and have four MHKs or maybe 6.

- it will be difficult to represent such a vast constituency. 

Declan 

In the FULL interview on Manx Radio I actually said most Onchan ratepayers want to vote for an Onchan MHK in a HOKs General Election and NOT for a Garff MHK. 

I also said, I would prefer Onchan to have its boundary reinstated for 2021, and if we can’t increase the number of seats then simply keep the status quo by electing 2 MHKs in Onchan..... ideally I would prefer 3 seats, but that certainly wouldn’t get Tynwald approval.

Thereafter reinstating Garff’s boundary to just include Lonan, Laxey and Maughold, which would be a reduced area but still keeping the 2 MHKs.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

I also said, I would prefer Onchan to have its boundary reinstated for 2021, and if we can’t increase the number of seats then simply keep the status quo by electing 2 MHKs in Onchan..... ideally I would prefer 3 seats, but that certainly wouldn’t get Tynwald approval.

Thereafter reinstating Garff’s boundary to just include Lonan, Laxey and Maughold, which would be a reduced area but still keeping the 2 MHKs.

But don't you yourself technically live in Middle as an Onchan MHK?

Surely MOST Onchan rate payers DO vote for an Onchan MHK?

29 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

But the trouble with that is (based on the 2016 Census) Onchan would have 2 MHKs for about 9050 people (assuming you still keep the ones down by Tromode in Douglas North along with the rest of their estate), while Garff would have 2 MHKs for only 4240 people - not even half that.  It's not really democratic and remember that affects all the Island's constituencies, not just those two.

24 minutes ago, MrPB said:

But don't you yourself technically live in Middle as an Onchan MHK?

Ironically Rob lives in Garff constituency.  He's in the old Onchan Parish, which is also in Garff to balance up the numbers.  The old parish boundaries often follow rivers and Braddan starts on the South/West side of the Glass

16 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

Declan 

In the FULL interview on Manx Radio I actually said most Onchan ratepayers want to vote for an Onchan MHK in a HOKs General Election and NOT for a Garff MHK. 

There's no need for boundaries to match.

If they must, perhaps an easier solution would be to accept the reality that Onchan is just part of Douglas and abolish Onchan Commissioners. Move the bit that's represented by Garff MHKs into Lonan and and rename Onchan constituency Outer Douglas. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

There's no need for boundaries to match.

If they must, perhaps an easier solution would be to accept the reality that Onchan is just part of Douglas and abolish Onchan Commissioners. Move the bit that's represented by Garff MHKs into Lonan and and rename Onchan constituency Outer Douglas. 

No thanks, next step would be the fuckwits in DTC wanting control

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What this boils down to is that onchan mhks dont have anything to do with bins and dogshit in lakeside (garff).

The sooner our supposed national politicians stopped dicking around with local authority matters and questioning operational matters the better.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1