Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thesultanofsheight

Good job Ian Curtis never danced in Jaks

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

One man’s arsehole is another man’s entertainment...

Particularly in Brighton.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Good motocrosser too on , was it a CCM ?

Did you see the display of CCM bikes behind the Grandstand in TT week. The bobber was pretty striking but I thought the white wall tyres a little ostentatious.

41 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I'm 14.

Ok that’s IQ sorted, now how old are you?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Have to say I don't disagree about the behaviour of lots of the bouncers ( all year round )

The ‘bouncers’ in Jaks over TT were the same ones that are there week in week out. I find them to be polite and helpful, and very quick to defuse situations when it’s threatening to ‘kick off’.  Then again I’m not usually drunk and dancing erratically when in Jaks. 

6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Did you see the display of CCM bikes behind the Grandstand in TT week. The bobber was pretty striking but I thought the white wall tyres a little ostentatious.

So were the prices for cottage industry... :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, wrighty said:
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Have to say I don't disagree about the behaviour of lots of the bouncers ( all year round )

The ‘bouncers’ in Jaks over TT were the same ones that are there week in week out. I find them to be polite and helpful, and very quick to defuse situations when it’s threatening to ‘kick off’.  Then again I’m not usually drunk and dancing erratically when in Jaks. 

I was not referring just to JAKs. If you had seen what I have seen over the years as a night driver on taxis, ( not now luckily) you may think different, in fact you would think different.

Edit to add that we only have your word about the dancing :flowers:

Another edit to say that if you have not seen  two male bouncers hold down a drunk so that a female bouncer could kick f*** out of him, you have seen nothing ( while trying not to vomit.)

Edited by dilligaf

22 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

No.

There was a TT when the bouncers were stopping anybody from dancing in Bushy's Beer tent. It was before the outdoor stage and when the bands played in the tent.

The thug bouncers were loving it watching anybody who moved or walked in even a slightly erratic fashion and pouncing s soon as they found a subject. They chucked a few out. too.

It was one of the more surreal moments I have witnessed at a TT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gettafa said:

There was a TT when the bouncers were stopping anybody from dancing in Bushy's Beer tent. It was before the outdoor stage and when the bands played in the tent.

The thug bouncers were loving it watching anybody who moved or walked in even a slightly erratic fashion and pouncing s soon as they found a subject. They chucked a few out. too.

It was one of the more surreal moments I have witnessed at a TT.

Yes, I saw that.

Was even on webcam for a short while.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

Curtis would never had paid such a fine.

He would have left them all hanging ;)

10 hours ago, wrighty said:

Funnily enough Wrighty I have never had an issue with bouncers either like you though I don't get steaming drunk and if they ask me to leave/refuse me entry I go on my way. We just must be lucky.

• Like 1

From reading the article, he was fined for disorderly conduct on licensed premises and not dancing erratically (or any other way).

Had I been dancing and accidentally knocked someone else's drink over, I would have apologized and offered to replace it. Problem solved.

This man however was engaged in a heated discussion with another customer which resulted in the security staff asking him to leave. He refused to do this and instead resisted.

At any stage before resisting security he could've easily gotten out of the situation and probably continued drinking. He chose his own path here as we all do.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Funnily enough Wrighty I have never had an issue with bouncers either like you though I don't get steaming drunk and if they ask me to leave/refuse me entry I go on my way. We just must be lucky.

To be fair, you are 'on the same side' so to speak.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gettafa said:

To be fair, you are 'on the same side' so to speak.

Nope I just take responsibility for my actions and don't act like some idiot when I get a couple of beers in me

If they start turning up at weddings...Gran, auntie Agnes and most father in laws will be in deep shit.

• Haha 1