Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thesultanofsheight

Good job Ian Curtis never danced in Jaks

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Nope I just take responsibility for my actions and don't act like some idiot when I get a couple of beers in me

does that mean that with no beers you do act like some idiot?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Nope I just take responsibility for my actions and don't act like some idiot when I get a couple of beers in me

Same as 99% of the population. It just sounded a bit smug how you expressed it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

Same as 99% of the population. It just sounded a bit smug how you expressed it.

Maybe a bit of sarcasm in it. It seems a lot on this forum just want to blame the authorities for this guys punishment when in reality the only person to blame is himself. It's very easy to go on a night out and not end up in court.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe a bit of sarcasm in it. It seems a lot on this forum just want to blame the authorities for this guys punishment when in reality the only person to blame is himself. It's very easy to go on a night out and not end up in court.

It's just as easy for the security staff to take a dislike to you and cause a problem

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It's just as easy for the security staff to take a dislike to you and cause a problem

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I guess I'm just lucky that in the hundreds probably thousands of times I've been in pubs and clubs all over the world not 1 security member has taken a dislike to me and caused an issue.

Just avoid the sort of gaffes that need shaven headed bouncers simples!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

But really what was he doing? Being a bit of a knob as it was TT week. It seems to me that we have lost the sense of a festival and a bit of a week where people can let their hair down and join in the fun. Now any minor transgression ends you up in court and with a massive fine as it’s the one week in the year the police are on overtime and actually policing stuff. The rest of the year you can speed, drink like a bastard, and be a complete tool as they’re all in a room at police HQ on Twitter eating crisps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

But really what was he doing? Being a bit of a knob as it was TT week. It seems to me that we have lost the sense of a festival and a bit of a week where people can let their hair down and join in the fun. Now any minor transgression ends you up in court and with a massive fine as it’s the one week in the year the police are on overtime and actually policing stuff. The rest of the year you can speed, drink like a bastard, and be a complete tool as they’re all in a room at police HQ on Twitter eating crisps. 

Actually it's pasties or if the weekend kebabs

But in all seriousness he may in your words have been a bit of a knob. The cops let him go he goes down the street has a fight breaks someone jaw or gets badly assaulted himself. According to witnesses who posted on social media he tried to headbutt a security guard. If that's the type of guy you want walking the streets then fair enough.

Edited by thommo2010

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

According to witnesses who posted on social media he tried to headbutt a security guard. If that's the type of guy you want walking the streets then fair enough.

That’s nothing but uncorroborated here-say anywhere else but the IOM. Nice to know that actually the police were also investigating this via social media as well rather than actually doing any tangible policing. Really makes you wonder what this place is turning into. Man makes a twat of himself getting too pissed in TT week, people on social media moan, police who are constantly on social media instead of actually policing get him for £600. Can’t see many people wanting to come back after the last few years of the festival of fining! 

It is as usual down to crap reporting if it had said man arrested for creating a disturbance on licensed premises etc..  it would not have raised a titter but because some ambitious ,or not, twerp wrote an eye catching headline in the local rag which was more imaginative than accurate it has caused discussion.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That’s nothing but uncorroborated here-say anywhere else but the IOM. Nice to know that actually the police were also investigating this via social media as well rather than actually doing any tangible policing. Really makes you wonder what this place is turning into. Man makes a twat of himself getting too pissed in TT week, people on social media moan, police who are constantly on social media instead of actually policing get him for £600. Can’t see many people wanting to come back after the last few years of the festival of fining! 

So you think the process goes guy gets arrested police search social media for evidence then just stick it down as fact and the court takes it as gospel? Wow.

Maybe leave your computer and go out into the real world.

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

So you think the process goes guy gets arrested police search social media for evidence then just stick it down as fact and the court takes it as gospel? 

But as you said, people said so on social media, so it must be true. 

9 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

So you think the process goes guy gets arrested police search social media for evidence then just stick it down as fact and the court takes it as gospel? Wow.

Maybe leave your computer and go out into the real world.

i guess searching social media is a step up from just inventing stuff so they can flex their egos to teach someone a lesson.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

i guess searching social media is a step up from just inventing stuff so they can flex their egos to teach someone a lesson.

I think you are confusing real life with programmes like line of duty 

• Haha 1