thesultanofsheight

They should have had insurance

8 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Those militant cyclists. They don't like it up em

apparently they do ???

images.jpg

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mr Shoe said:

If someone else were to write-off your Lamborghini while you were sitting in it wearing a rainbow t-shirt, you're telling me you'd say "Don't worry mate, I don't need your insurance details, serves me right for wearing a 'gay' shirt and having such a ridiculously expensive car; I'll claim off my own. Bye!"

If I had a Ferrari and a Hawaiian shirt I’m sure they would think I’m Thomas Magnum. I’m not sure what your point is other than mouthing off as you can’t get your own way. You seem to be the stereotypical easily taken offence cyclist who thinks they can do no wrong - Ever! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

8 hours ago, MrPB said:

Surely the general logic under the Highway Code is that it’s there to protect pedestrians so they are top of the food chain when it comes to accidents. So anyone who collides with a pedestrian is by default pretty much responsible for that act. 

Ordinarily I would agree. The problem for me is that the stupid woman was paying more attention to her phone than her surroundings 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Ordinarily I would agree. The problem for me is that the stupid woman was paying more attention to her phone than her surroundings 

But it doesn’t matter. The Highway Code effectively protects her rights and status as a pedestrian against every other form of mechanized transport. 

4 hours ago, MrPB said:
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, Neil Down said:

But it doesn’t matter. The Highway Code effectively protects her rights and status as a pedestrian against every other form of mechanized transport. 

I have to agree. It could so easily have been a child or disabled person.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I have to agree. It could so easily have been a child or disabled person.

On a phone - taking no notice of the surroundings. Well done to the brain dead walking amongst us

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

On a phone - taking no notice of the surroundings. Well done to the brain dead walking amongst us

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/fed-up-cyclist-attaches-air-horn-to-bike-to-get-pedestrians-to-move-out-of-the-way/

This is the sort of thing that pisses me off about cyclists. It is MY right of way.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/fed-up-cyclist-attaches-air-horn-to-bike-to-get-pedestrians-to-move-out-of-the-way/

This is the sort of thing that pisses me off about cyclists. It is MY right of way.

Well watch where you are fucking going...

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well watch where you are fucking going...

applies to the bike rider more.

Just now, dilligaf said:

applies to the bike rider more.

Don’t be a dick dilli, he was and tried to alert the stupid woman but she was so engrossed in her phone...

• Like 1

Just now, Neil Down said:

Don’t be a dick dilli, he was and tried to alert the stupid woman but she was so engrossed in her phone...

No, he just rode his usual pace and expected others to jump out of his way.

Having driven artics for more than 30 years , I can assure you that I have seen every kind of dumb cyclist, even the ones who thought 20 kg of bike was going to show 44 ton of truck who had right of way.

Even now, after so much publicity, cyclists still ride 2 or 3 abreast or when on their own, 6ft. from the curb.

Do you really think pedestrians should not have the right to cross a road without having to dodge the Cavs and wannabe racers ? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

No, he just rode his usual pace and expected others to jump out of his way.

Having driven artics for more than 30 years , I can assure you that I have seen every kind of dumb cyclist, even the ones who thought 20 kg of bike was going to show 44 ton of truck who had right of way.

Even now, after so much publicity, cyclists still ride 2 or 3 abreast or when on their own, 6ft. from the curb.

Do you really think pedestrians should not have the right to cross a road without having to dodge the Cavs and wannabe racers ? 

As both a cyclist and HGV class 1 driver both here and Europe, I have seen as much if not more than you. Try driving through Rome and you’ll appreciate just how foolish pedestrians can be. Drive through Paris and London and you will see both pedestrians and motorists behaving in a totally irrational way. Stop trying to blame cyclists for all the problems when both you and I know it is not always down to the cyclist. In this case it just suits the arguments of a few. Thankfully, not a lot agree with you. The crowdfunding page set up for the guy is now in excess of £50k.

• Like 1

if she'd have stepped out in front of a lorry driven by Dilli   would Dilli be happy to be held responsible for the incident ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Neil Down said:

As both a cyclist and HGV class 1 driver both here and Europe, I have seen as much if not more than you. Try driving through Rome and you’ll appreciate just how foolish pedestrians can be. Drive through Paris and London and you will see both pedestrians and motorists behaving in a totally irrational way. Stop trying to blame cyclists for all the problems when both you and I know it is not always down to the cyclist. In this case it just suits the arguments of a few. Thankfully, not a lot agree with you. The crowdfunding page set up for the guy is now in excess of £50k.

I am not saying that all cyclists are to blame when accidents happen.

If I read correctly, this guy had time to shout a warning, try to swerve and then brake before impact. Hm.

I think the point has been missed that in the case of the cyclist facing 100k of costs, a cyclist in a city, riding into a green light at a crossing has few alternatives to avoid a pedestrian in such a crowded environment. He could have swerved and been killed by another vehicle. He would have been just another 'dickhead cyclist' casualty. 

Maybe fining pedestrians who use smartphones when crossing the road would help clear things up a bit? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2