Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thesultanofsheight

They should have had insurance

2 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

??

8 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

In the unlikely event that you learn to understand what is printed you will see that Gizo is stating a valid point. The person in the clip didn’t deliberately set out to injure the cyclist. I stand to be corrected but Gizo quite rightly points out that motorists not taking care and having the view that they are more important than cyclists results in injuries to cyclists when they come together. In a car/bike collision, it is the cyclist who comes off worse.

You seem to be quite irrationally angry tonight? Is all well? As I said there is a clue in the word “accident” in that they are just that. 

I'm quite irrationally angry with people accusing others of being irrationally angry.

And Neil, I was hoping you would correct BeefFatCandle regarding road tax.

1 hour ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I'm quite irrationally angry with people accusing others of being irrationally angry.

That seems to be a big issue on this forum. Faux outrage ;) usually it’s for comedy effect (for most readers) I find. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrPB said:

You do understand that people are debating accidents with cyclists? Accidents being the appropriate word. There is nobody going round deliberately trying to kill or injure cyclists using their cars in the IOM. Unfortunately our narrow roads are not really suited to mixed traffic. So god only knows why Ray Harmer and his team seem to be focusing a lot of their efforts on getting more cyclists to use our totally lethal road network and putting in ever more dangerous cycling lanes like the one in Ramsey. Perhaps the focus should be on more off road cycleways and paths. It’s not like we dont have the space where they wouldn’t need insurance or to pay road tax anyway. 

Maybe the focus is to get rid or lower the number of car journeys. How’s that for forward thinking. Time people realised the car isn’t the be all. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

And Neil, I was hoping you would correct BeefFatCandle regarding road tax.

Beating your head against a brick wall springs to mind Bobster. It’s getting a tad tedious now with the idiots clinging to their “road tax” argument. Thanks for the opportunity though...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I agree, you set the humour bar incredibly low.

and you still managed to trip over it

9 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Beating your head against a brick wall springs to mind Bobster. It’s getting a tad tedious now with the idiots clinging to their “road tax” argument. Thanks for the opportunity though...

The insurance and road tax argument is one worthy of debating though. You do understand that people are allowed to post things that you disagree with on here don’t you? :flowers: 

1 hour ago, display name said:

and you still managed to trip over it

Thanks! Maybe you can have another go and see if you can get over it too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

The insurance and road tax argument is one worthy of debating though. You do understand that people are allowed to post things that you disagree with on here don’t you? :flowers: 

It is worth debating if you are an idiot (and clearly you are), THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ROAD TAX. There, is that clear enough for you

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It is worth debating if you are an idiot (and clearly you are), THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ROAD TAX. There, is that clear enough for you

Are you ok? You really do sound incandescent with rage of late. People pay taxes to be allowed to use public roads and have to display a disk showing that they have paid the appropriate government levy. Thanks. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo

Why so an angry about the choice of words ?????

Taken from the IOM  Governments  consultation last year .

"

""Feedback Updated 26 Jun 2018

We Asked

For people’s opinions on the collection of road tax and how the system may be modernised as the collection of road tax has become increasingly complicated, with the current system containing more than 80 different payment categories.""

Surely everyone knows what that means .???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Keep it simple like I do - don’t pay it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

Are you ok? You really do sound incandescent with rage of late. People pay taxes to be allowed to use public roads and have to display a disk showing that they have paid the appropriate government levy. Thanks. 

When dealing with people like yourself, rage of any description does not enter into things. Pity, sympathy, ridicule are better words... :flowers:

32 minutes ago, emesde said:

Why so an angry about the choice of words ?????

Taken from the IOM  Governments  consultation last year .

"

""Feedback Updated 26 Jun 2018

We Asked

For people’s opinions on the collection of road tax and how the system may be modernised as the collection of road tax has become increasingly complicated, with the current system containing more than 80 different payment categories.""

Surely everyone knows what that means .???

that's probably why it's complicated for them. Maybe if they referred to it by it's correct name people might understand... :whistling: