Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
SJR

BBC Licence fee and the over 75's...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It is quite simple.No more English tax young and old. A standard letter should be available to sign and download on the Government website citing a refusal to pay the BBC due to their excessive pay regime and left wing politics.Failing to sack that alleged "comedian" Jo Brand was the last straw.Oh and as we now own the ferries we can stop that imaginary TV licence van from appearing on our streets..If we all choose not to pay what can they do..(I have never bought a TV License and I am feeling rather old)...

 

 

Edited by SJR
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunate our  politicians will not wish to destroy their change of getting a gong at the palace to pursue this worthy cause .

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SJR said:

It is quite simple.No more English tax young and old. A standard letter should be available to sign and download on the Government website citing a refusal to pay the BBC due to their excessive pay regime and left wing politics.Failing to sack that alleged "comedian" Jo Brand was the last straw.Oh and as we now own the ferries we can stop that imaginary TV licence van from appearing on our streets..If we all choose not to pay what can they do..(I have never bought a TV License and I an feeling rather old)...

Jo Brand is not employed by the BBC which makes it just a little bit tricky for them to "sack" her.

As an undecided voter in the UK I would appreciate examples of the BBC's left wing politics.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is the alleged peoples champion and all round complete bellend David Cretney speaks in riddles and wants to spend rather than make the obvious saving.He has made a minor (the 16 pensions will prove me correct) living through moochers selling plastic crap that used to either find its way into the sea or landfill.Some of the stuff that he used to sell never even found its way home.He now reinvents himself as a climate change campaigner...You could not make it up..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Jo Brand is not employed by the BBC which makes it just a little bit tricky for them to "sack" her.

As an undecided voter in the UK I would appreciate examples of the BBC's left wing politics.

Thanks.

That fat grotesque and  alleged woman is the face of the BBC when it comes to equal rights.She has been unfunny for at least 30 years and still gets a gig on the jolly...If that had been a joke against a Muslim she would have been gone.Nigel Farage it seems is fair game.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SJR said:

fat grotesque and alleged woman

Now that's funny!  If the rest of your 7 minutes set is up to that standard, I'd watch you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the real issue with the Jo Brand comment was that it should have been edited out, it wasn't live so someone not doing their job!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think the real issue with the Jo Brand comment was that it should have been edited out, it wasn't live so someone not doing their job!

It gave Nigel Farage and his smug face another couple of hours of airtime. I’m sure he was happy. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SJR said:

It is quite simple.No more English tax young and old. A standard letter should be available to sign and download on the Government website citing a refusal to pay the BBC due to their excessive pay regime and left wing politics.Failing to sack that alleged "comedian" Jo Brand was the last straw.Oh and as we now own the ferries we can stop that imaginary TV licence van from appearing on our streets..If we all choose not to pay what can they do..(I have never bought a TV License and I am feeling rather old)...

 

 

I think it was Jefferson who said it was morally reprehensible to be forced to pay for supporting something you don't believe in.

I think it should be made purely voluntary. If you think you've had fair value from the BBC over the previous year, then by all means pay it. If not, don't. There should be no compulsion; it's outrageous in this age in which we live. The BBC's share of the audience is minute; they've lost so many viewers due to satellite, internet, freeview, you name it. Yet we're still funding them like they're the monolithic monopoly they were 90 years ago. They hate this island anyway. They've slagged off the TT and accused us of being a tax-dodgers & money-launderers paradise. Why the hell do we have to pay for the privilege of having these globalist parasites lie to us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

I think it was Jefferson who said it was morally reprehensible to be forced to pay for supporting something you don't believe in.

 

So what about some of the things our income tax goes to?

should we have tick boxes on tax returns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevster said:

So what about some of the things our income tax goes to?

should we have tick boxes on tax returns?

Don't be silly. The  BBC license fee is a unique issue and the controversy is not confined to this island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

Don't be silly. The  BBC license fee is a unique issue and the controversy is not confined to this island.

OK. But do me a favour and spell it properly - ‘licence’, not ‘license’

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...